When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MD2020 Who is dealing with him, I'm worried now!

sgtguk

I'm a pretty patient guy and from what I've seen of Mike on the board I do trust him but not heard from him re my watches in for repairs for a good while now, I'm no noob to our hobby so kerb the bullshit guys, what's going on with him atm?

He has 4500$ worth of my stuff atm and comms are not happening, what's happening?

Mike if you read this thread get in contact mate, people are getting nervous and rightly so......

• Like 1

I recommended his services to a friend with an expensive Franken and he has the watch but has stopped communicating. My friend is also patient but it makes people extremely uneasy to go dark pm/email wise. Md, stop working and return Pm's please it's in your best interest, we all trust you and it's understandable that you are back logged because of those unforeseen events but returning Pm's is all people want you to do, most of us are patient but it wears thin when communication stops

• Like 2

Working on it , no promises. :pimp: ................................................... Mike we understand the sit but like I have said before just put down the tools in between taking care of family stuff and just reach out to the guys on a one to one exchange. I am sure you will find all will say watches when ever but info needs to be forth coming per what you have and status.

• Like 1

Mike we understand the sit but like I have said before just put down the tools in between taking care of family stuff and just reach out to the guys on a one to one exchange. I am sure you will find all will say watches when ever but info needs to be forth coming per what you have and status.

+1

Relax guys its MD2020 we're talking about right????? Where is the loyalty, trust, and support fellas!!!! Life happens to all of us! Give him time he will make things right. I've sent several of my expensive reps to him(over $300) a piece! He's always given stellar speedy service. Just relax gents and let him get his life together. MD I definitely would not be accepting ANY more work til you get caught up. Hope things get better man! God speed!

It's not about that, we all trust him and support him, communication is the key, when he got back he said he was going straight to work to get caught up, but taking a couple hours to touch base with his clients would have been a better idea, like others have said people will wait and do understand, with proper communication all this can be avoided

I truly believe that Mike is honest, forthright, and is not trying to "cut and run". He has been thrust into a family situation that I'm sure at his age he had not the faintest idea that he would be involved with lawyers,wills and trying to go through probate. Even for folks that have had experience with this, it's still a time consuming procedure. It's also pretty exhausting, as you are trying to do something that one, you are not involved with on a regular basis, and second, most folks would rather be doing just about anything else besides sitting down and listen to a bunch of lawyers. Layer all of that stress on top of recent surgery and being sick, I'm sure he's running on fumes right now.

Having said all that, when you are dealing with folks that really don't know you, except through the forum, people tend to start getting antsy when they don't get replies. Sometimes a quick PM of just a few words is all it takes to put customers at ease. I know that it is time consuming, and it takes time away from your bench, eating, sleeping and meeting with lawyers,but it's and important part of business. One of the positive things that will come out of this is you will know from the folks who are waiting for watches, who you will cull from your customer list. The other thing that I would bet that you take from this experience is not letting yourself get overloaded with work, as life's twists and turns always happen unexpectedly, and always at the worst time.

The best part of this is like everything else in life, this too shall pass. In a few weeks, everyone who has a watch with you will have it back, hopefully most will be happy with the work and life will go on.

And finally, What I find a little strange, if you send a genuine watch to the manufacturer for repair or restoration, it may take 3-6 months to get it back, and I can guarantee you, they don't tell you anything beyond what they are going to do and what the cost is!

• Like 3

Look guys we all like Mike and trust him but he has been dealt a bad hand lately.  Mike how you handle such adversity is the true test my young friend , be strong and take heed of those whose life experience is greater. Sit down PM one and all  and this will go away........... :pimp:

• Like 1

You can add me to the list of clients ignored with no update. A simple 5 second response would've eased fears. I honestly just want my watch back without the work. Please respond on how I can get it back.

I know the communication was fu&$ed on my part and that was my fault, plus i switched and bought a new computer that runs on windows 7? or is 8? i odont know and im not sure if any of my personal emails are going out or comming in. I should have stayed with my mac. I didnt have my computer with me and the internet wont work on my pos phone so i was really screwed plus my head wasnt in the mind frame of hey i need to let the guys know whats going on, i was so shocked i was left with the estate stuff i coldnt believe it. I hope no one has to take care of things like i had to in the near future because its a hell of a emotional roller coster. I agree 100% and like i said Everythings been taken care of now and life will slowly get back to the normal with watches comming in and out like it was Micky Ds

Mike I consider you as a friend and a good watchmaker and honestly I don't have a worry in my body that you won't come through but stop with all the excuses and meaningless side stories. People have their 'babies' with you!

Forget watchmaking for 2 hours, step up and call/ email ALL your clients and give them a status update. Let them know when their watch is scheduled according to your new time frame and give them an option: wait or send the watch back. If you do that today this whole nightmare will be over tomorrow. Just my 0.002.

• Like 3

Perfect way to burn down your biz!

Its not burning just yet, I have every confidence Mike will pull this back and make everything good again. Lets get back to giving him our support instead of kicking a man when he's down.

I still think that MD is a honorable member. There is lot of great work that he has done and lot of help he has provided to members in repair section. I still do believe, that Mike is completely different story compared to Texski who just run away and [censored] many guys here. It is true, that sometimes the life is not as flawless as we may want and i agree that such situations can f..k up anyone. But on the other hand i do not agree, that Mike was passive in lets say last 3 months. I read many posts and shouts about the same thing "where is MD...Has anyone seen MD lately...MD got away?... etc.". All those posts got at least short status update about what is currently going on with him by MD. So i cannot agree that he was not responding. Saw many posts past last three months, just search for them. It would all have been easier if MD would have his own dealers section, where he could post some status updates that would not get lost in time and where he could post some "important notices, status updates, waiting lists or whatever". But MD does not have his own section (thus he should have contacted admins already and at least ask for it) and those posts got lost and many members were not reading them either. But if there are some members waiting like more than 4 months (some say it is 6 months already), being on MD's place i would have contacted all the members with ongoing bussiness who are waiting more than 3-4 months, as they deserve it (at least for patience), and let them know what is going on (and maybe getting this thread pinned for some time until Mike gets in the bussiness again here in general discussion would help). And yeah Mike people here are/were patient for a long time but i do understand how are they feeling right now, so maybe a few sentences to your customers would help a lot. Get over those unlucky chapters in your life soon. We are with you and hope to see you back in bussiness again :)

• Like 1

Good to hear from you Mike, really is  :)

Guys, thanks for not jumping all over me on this, I am the first to defend MD when members start jumping out their prams about problems/comms etc but I will also do my utmost to ensure that forum members are fully informed of any potential issues too. I didn't post this thread in order for people to have a moan about Mike just to maintain transparency with regards to work being carried out and the comms coming from him. I've spoken with Mike today via pm and will let you know where it goes from here.

Mike has a lot of life shit going on I agree, but like others here I'm not one to be kept in the dark when it comes to my babies either....................

Mike I consider you as a friend and a good watchmaker and honestly I don't have a worry in my body that you won't come through but stop with all the excuses and meaningless side stories. People have their 'babies' with you!

Forget watchmaking for 2 hours, step up and call/ email ALL your clients and give them a status update. Let them know when their watch is scheduled according to your new time frame and give them an option: wait or send the watch back. If you do that today this whole nightmare will be over tomorrow. Just my 0.002.

That's the key to the whole situation. communication is the basis of trust. Most folks are very trusting, but when communications are cut off, people start to fear the worst. there are enough of us around that have been here long enough to remember some of the other guys who came on the forum, worked on watches with no problems and then either disappeared with folks money, or kept watches for months and then did a terrible hurry up job on the project. One constant with every one of the guys who have been a problem here was the lack of communication. PM's returned in seconds at first, and then suddenly, no response at all.I certainly don't put Mike in this category, but just and example of why folks are skeptical.  All those fears could be put to rest by spending a little time getting everyone up to speed. And like Rolexman said, give folks the option of returning their watches if they are not happy with the time frame. I believe that it would be more productive to take a time out every day and sit down and answer emails and PM's. It is certainly less time consuming and certainly less frustrating than having to stamp out brush fires! I completely  sympathize with you, as there have been times that my life has been in total chaos, and it seems like things are spinning out of control, but in the midst of all that, when you have a few moments, sit down and go through your PM list (I'm sure it's long and growing) and start with the oldest and eliminate them one at a time. 

• Like 1

Mike, I have faith in you brother. BTW, Mike's got 3 of my 'babies' and as soon as he's taking in new work, I think

I have another one for you to work on Mike ;)

Dave...

• Like 1