When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MD2020 Who is dealing with him, I'm worried now!

sgtguk

Yep. Another rep fora modder bites the dust. Shame really.

Is Mike's last name really McNair by any chance...?

I have no idea if that is his real name, however a quick google search turned up this:

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/mike-mcnair/doylestown-pennsylvania-/mike-mcnair-michael-p-mcnair-horology-watch-repair-renovation-home-auto-car-repair-d-1043021

...interesting

I was kidding as they are both named Mike. McNair was a modder on the other RWG but was a much worse train wreck than this one TBO.

Very sad to have watched this thread unfold.  I was really hoping Mike would resolve all outstanding issues with members watches, but really feel hurt now with the way he views us.  I really thought he was on the same page with us, and shared our passion :(

• Like 1

Very sad to have watched this thread unfold.  I was really hoping Mike would resolve all outstanding issues with members watches, but really feel hurt now with the way he views us.  I really thought he was on the same page with us, and shared our passion :( 

Totally agree with you :(

Can those with outstanding watches please keep us posted when you receive tracking information and when you eventually get your watches? I'll do the same, but up to now I still haven't gotten any acknowledgement from Mike since i requested my watch be returned.

3 of my pieces were posted back on Sept 4th, tracking info was sent by Mike, just waiting for them now but as I'm in Oz will take a while to get to me, I'll update when they get safely to me billy  :)

• Like 1

Where there's smoke there's fire. I've been in business too long to not know when I'm dealing with a bad seed. I'm just going to hope for the best and that he just returns my brand new Pam but the reality is ill most likely never see it again. You live and learn. Next time I'll go back to Andrew at tt. My wife's a lawyer. Hate to drop that card but truth is it won't cost me anything to pursue. I'll give him a week but we all know it won't show up. Going to be his loss in the end.

Wish everyone the best of luck getting their watches back.

Take care.

Hell hath no fury like a watchmaker scorned, they say.  That is what they say, isn't it?  

I really hope thinking is employed before acting whence bad thoughts creep in.

I really thought this thing had been turned around - guess it just kept turning....

Guys, I think we may be jumping the gun with this. Mike has some of my watches plus a gen 7750 movement, and I'm not worried about getting them back. He is young, he's having some personal issues that I don't believe he knows quite how to deal with and he's in a place where he is not making good decisions. I'm not defending his actions, and I understand everyone's trepidation, but there's no reason to believe he's going to rip anyone off. He is out there on the internet, easy to find, easy to follow. If he were a crook you wouldn't be able to find him. He is a watch fanatic, in spite of that last post, made without much thought admittedly. If anyone of you remember when you were his age and if you ever had 2, 3 or 4 things hit you in a short period of time, it can seem like your world has crashed in on you. I believe he is in one of those places and he's let his emotions get the better of him. Give hm a littler time. I believe he will make things right when he gets to a better place and realizes the repercussions of these last couple of months.

• Like 2

OMG! Whats going on, anybody recognise anything in the photo?

AJ, is that your 029?

I cannot say for sure it is, however I did pay for a PAM 029 on the 27th August to MD which if the dates are right, was three days before this shot was taken and MD claimed he had not sent it before the 5th/6th Sept, so I do not know in truth, I just hope, really hope that everyone gets theirs back.

Mike is a good guy. So are a lot of people who responded in this thread. SgtGuk, Mike on a bike, Panerai153 etc.. Its just a matter of crisis management.

I have worked with him before, and I would vouch for his capability and integrity.

Granted, he encountered a personal crisis and perhaps did not manage it as well as you guys, or even he himself expected.

Sometimes, its whats happening inside that would tear a guy up, as opposed to the stuff he has to do.

Let's give him a break, and perhaps what he could do for the community and his clientele is to give a definite period of "rest", so that a clear expectation is established. It would also give him a goal to work toward with regards to putting the affairs in order, or at least on a manageable track.

Mike, my thoughts go out to you during this very difficult time. Please PM me if you need any help.

A