When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MD2020 Who is dealing with him, I'm worried now!

sgtguk

Gran you need to add an idiots guide to some of your posts mate...for me anyway.. :)

I remember many years ago while working I was called a Neanderthal..... I dropped him because I thought he was swearing at me....!! Then somone else explained what it meant..

I thought I had come long way since then.... (evolved maybe !! ;) ) but reading your posts I realise I aint moved far... :)

You are doing just fine PeteM. Such a guide would remove the ambiguity and "tongue in cheek" in my posts. (i.e reduce your oportunity to find more than one interpretation)

I still haven't heard anything about the return of my watch.

I can't think of any reason why this should be so hard...

And I cannot see why mike should be communicating with some and not others.

+1000

You are doing just fine PeteM. Such a guide would remove the ambiguity and "tongue in cheek" in my posts. (i.e reduce your oportunity to find more than one interpretation)

Your doing it again !! :);)

post-25577-0-23324600-1379596646_thumb.g

OK, here is my two cents.

After reading thru this post daily, I too had concerns.  Mike has one of my watches in his possession for repair.

I too, had not heard from him in weeks, since this debacle began. 

I heard from him today, and he informed me that I can do one of two things:

1.  He will return my watch un-serviced....OR,

2.  He will service my watch in due time, (as soon as possible) and then charge me for the repair, and return my watch.

I chose to have him service the watch, charge me for the cost of the repair, and return the watch with post charges, and bill me for the total.

I have had Mike work on a number of watches for me in the past, prior to all this hub bub, and was happy with his work, pricing and abilities as a watchsmith.

Although I understand all of the concerns of other members in this post, I feel (like others) that I needed to give Mike the benefit of the doubt, taking in to consideration

the issues he has been dealing with. 

I have not posted any negative comments during this diatribe out of respect for his past performance in dealing with me...personally.

I found many of the negative comments here to be malicious, and unnecessary.  I feel vilified to have heard from him today, explaining the delay in communication, and offering to take responsibility for his situation by doing the right thing.

I hope that others in my situation will also give Mike the benefit of the doubt, and wait to hear from him concerning their individual issues.

If those people that have had negative experiences during this period of turmoil for him, my advice is to mellow out and treat him with a little respect and understanding. 

Of course it is easy for me to say, but that is the way it is.

FWIW.

• Like 2

Mike has also reached out to me to make things right.

In looking back I never gave him a chance to make things right. because

-The way he handled things and his attitude to towards the rep community

- He never responded to me in a timely manner

I truly think the way he has seemly really want to make things right with me personally

I have chose not

- not correct the issues with my watch with him or any other watchsmith.

I think he will come out of this a better person. I feel he is just now realizing how bad things looked for him.

Edited by HartDoc

I haven't posted here in a while ( this thread) , however, Mike called me a couple of weeks ago, after we played phone tag for a couple of days. We had a very good positive conversation, about things that were going on, as well as my watch that's with him now, a DW 6365 Daytona that he's putting together for me. Like many of the DW cases, there were some crown tube issues trying to use a gen tube. I'm sure Mike will get it put together, and eventually, it will be done, and done correctly. I've been in the watch game for a long,long time, and one thing I have developed is patience. A gen Omega 300 Seamaster that went back to Bienne for restoration and was gone for 6 months, a vintage Doxa 600 that's at at RGM ( at that time the USA service center) for one year waiting on parts and finally sent back unfinished as they claimed that they couldn't find the correct parts, a MKII Kingston that was over 18 months from deposit to delivery, and finally a MKII GMT homage to the Rolex 6542, 50% deposit sent in January 2012 and the watch is still probably at least 6-9 months from delivery!! So from my perspective, waiting a couple of months for Mike to catch up is just a blip in time. I feel sure that Mike will finish up or return every watch that was sent to him, owners choice. I also feel that this experience while very traumatic for Mike and stressful to the owners of the watches will in the end be positive, in that Mike will learn from the experience and will develop a more organized business model that will be much better for him and future customers. Life lessons unfortunately, usually give the test first and the lessons later. Maybe in the long run we are better for it, as these are the lessons we tend to never forget.

• Like 2

I don't have time to read through this whole thread.

I just wanna say that Mike has worked on two of my watches multiple times, and everything was all good. That was a few months back, but everything was great.

I hope you all get your watches back, and

Sure you will, it just might take him a bit to get

Caught up.

Mike did a rebuild on a submariner a couple of months ago. I had good communication with him and got back a watch keeping great time. I will continue to send watches to him if he is willing to take them. I was thrilled to find a good watchsmith and hope he decides to keep accepting watches.

Guys I think you are missing the point and k0hr has stated he did not read whole thing (can't blame him). Mike is a friend and has done great work for me in the past also but just watch the shout box the daily pleading for answers from clients is something that can not be a one off. I have been contacted by a few members and things are moving along. Mike is clearing out the backlog to the satisfaction of most in regard to work, it was never about when it was about communication.

• Like 1

Requested my watch back without the work and received it in the same condition it left in. Sorry things went south for him but at least it seems he's trying to right the ship. Wish him the best.

Nanuq I believe some sent you a pm about one of the mods telling a member to delete what he wrote in defense of me or he would be banned

Yeah I saw that comment a couple pages back and put a stop to it... I said I wanted a copy of any communication like that, from any member, and I got nothing.

You're doing good getting caught up, Mike. Hang in there. Keep up the good work.

Glad to see you back on here Mike...

this is all just a curve mate...that we all experience in our lives at some time or another....it is never the measure of who we are...it is how we respond and move forward that shows us for who we are... so welcome back.....and I am glad to hear you had support ...

It will be good to see you back up on here and getting involved again.... :)

OK, here is my two cents.

After reading thru this post daily, I too had concerns.  Mike has one of my watches in his possession for repair.

I too, had not heard from him in weeks, since this debacle began. 

I heard from him today, and he informed me that I can do one of two things:

1.  He will return my watch un-serviced....OR,

2.  He will service my watch in due time, (as soon as possible) and then charge me for the repair, and return my watch.

I chose to have him service the watch, charge me for the cost of the repair, and return the watch with post charges, and bill me for the total.

I have had Mike work on a number of watches for me in the past, prior to all this hub bub, and was happy with his work, pricing and abilities as a watchsmith.

Although I understand all of the concerns of other members in this post, I feel (like others) that I needed to give Mike the benefit of the doubt, taking in to consideration

the issues he has been dealing with. 

I have not posted any negative comments during this diatribe out of respect for his past performance in dealing with me...personally.

I found many of the negative comments here to be malicious, and unnecessary.  I feel vilified to have heard from him today, explaining the delay in communication, and offering to take responsibility for his situation by doing the right thing.

I hope that others in my situation will also give Mike the benefit of the doubt, and wait to hear from him concerning their individual issues.

If those people that have had negative experiences during this period of turmoil for him, my advice is to mellow out and treat him with a little respect and understanding. 

Of course it is easy for me to say, but that is the way it is.

FWIW.

+1, Amen. I have kept a positive attitude during this time. Mike has been in touch with me and the status of my watches. Like you, I've based my decision on how to handle my dealings with Mike on past experiences with previous work done by him. All has been good & I'm confindent it will continue as well. I will continue to work with Mike in the future too.

Dave...