When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

WTB: Breitling Navitimer World - so hard to find

happyhour82

WebRep

currentVote

noRating
noWeight

Looking to pick up a Navitimer World.  So hard to find.  Love the model.  Trying to decide between World and Datora but leaning Datora.  Help a fellow Breitling lover out.  Thanks in advance all. 

I asked Tony and Sead if any of these were available mate... I was told all colours are available...so if they can get them any dealer can..

But there is an updated version due out towards end of year..

^^^ this.  If you want a world navi I suggest you wait a few months as many of the kinks in the current production line will be resolved.  Have been told by several td's that the new model is expected end of the year.

It wont be kinks mate...as its a different maker to existing World models....

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for clarifying what I was told.  I am no watch maker, but never understood why make so many versions with a screwed up slide rule.  How hard can it be to print the damn numbers closer to the edge. Sunken date and chrono spacing issues are understandible due to the movement, but painting numbers....really? Regardless, when someone reviews the remanufactured one due to arive, my order will be placed the same day)

I believe the rep factories are printing the wrong slide rule design by purpose - probably an agreement with the gen company not to make rep too close to gen (they could do it if they wanted), so the rep can stay in business and no law enforcement is involved.

Just my thought, I might be wrong- cause it is the easiest thing to re align text and font size to print it right.

Db1

What you need to remember about the way reps are produced is that all parts or components are made by several factories that are mployed by the makers...the mkers generally only put the parts together..

However ...they order the necessary parts... they make a payment for a certain number...which can be in the 1000s to reduce costs.... depends on the model and likely sales... but at least 500...

so once these are bought the maker will only consider an upgrade or change once all stock has sold and not before....  chances are these flaws are the original flaw and the original ordered batch is still being sold....

It is also possible that sometimes our comments feedback are not seen or passed on to the maker or indeed they just ignore it.....

You can see that exact issue with the current LMPOs ...these are having serious issues with the dial but the maker is still pushing the bad dials through dealers... of course once all sold they will put it right... assuming they believe they can sell more...

Most of the poorer stuff (quality wise etc) usually goes to drop shippers and guys ordering outside the comfort of these forums..:)