When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM001A dial improvement?

md.ng

Hi guys,

I bought a 001A from a forum member as one of my first reps, but a few faults on it now start to bug me so i'm looking to improve it but could do with some advice!

The lume on the dial has a nice aged colour but it's not very even and you can see some white bits around the edges of the numerals and markers, so to me it doesn't look right. Is this normal for an aged dial or should all the lume be an even colour?

I also now see that the spacing on the T SWISS T isn't right and the second T is too close to SWISS. This you can definitely see in the photo but not the lume issue is difficult to make out.

So what would you guys advise is the best way to fix this?

Wouls a new DSN dial be the best route?

Or would a new ful new watch from DSN be not much more cost and a better watch?

This watch has a new Seagull movement in it already (would have been best to fix the but nevermind), and the previous owner said the dial was great since it was made of a single piece of brass but I have no idea if or why that is good...

Any advice for a newb would be greatly appreciated!

post-36702-137738067002.jpg

I know it has the a sub/pig on , but you might want to consider one of the Special Boutique Editions

2.jpg

They have a similar look and are apparently good quality

if you really want a 001 though DSN would be the easiest option 

I am not a big Pre A/V fan so I would not go with this one

DSC_0009_zps067a27f3.jpg

This is his 001A , but very old now so he must have an upgraded version 

DSCF7454.jpg

I will leave it and enjoy the watch if I were you.

The existing dial looks like EL's which is the best IMHO.

This old EL's dial was meant for PAM001 B series with L Swiss L but I think the previous owner has sent it off to turn it into PAM001A by further modding the dial with vintage lume and coverting L swiss L to T swiss T.

There is alot of precise work involve and BTW, some gen PAM001A has unveven lume applied too.

DSN's PAM001A dial is the next best option but the groove surrounding the numerals and indices are a turn off and also the Text font, size and position used on the dial are incorrect. It is especially obvious seen at T Swiss T

Best route is to go for Pre-A 001, DSN's Pre-A 001 dial is quite good. But it will be better if you can get hold of FDG's version Pre-A 001 dial. Remember to get the correct caseback from DSN if you want to go this route as Pre-A 001 caseback is different from PAM001A/B.

Good luck and have fun