When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Whoopster Dial Project: Complete!

whoopy12

Hey everyone, thought I'd start a new thread as the previous two were getting a bit cluttered.

Dials arrived today! I would have taken more pictures, but I only have a crappy iphone camera to work with atm. First thoughts: I'm amazed at the level of consistency in regards QC. No dials have any discernible print problems - everything looks crisp as it should. 

I will be setting up a post in the "parts" section, as I have more dials from this batch available. While I'm extremely happy with the outcome of this batch, I will not be doing another run (so please don't ask me). 

I want to thank all of the preorderer's on rwg that made this possible. If it wasn't for you, this wouldn't have ever picked up steam! Also, big shout out to aero dave for spearheading the preordering :D

post-43094-0-37801800-1377543722_thumb.j

Whoopy's, I only did a very small part (what I could to help) but You my friend, did all of the Hard work!

I'm very excited and can't wait to get my dial! Thank-you again, for making this project a reality for everyone.

Dave...

Both of mine arrived. They're perfect!

One question: Who's able to lume these for us? I've got a 1680 and 1016 that I'd like to have a vintage lume applied to.

Outstanding work Whoopster!

I'm curious too, with zig gone, who can do work on a similar level?

I'm curious too, with zig gone, who can do work on a similar level?

As far as my opinion is concerned, Vaccum is the #1 lume man nowadays. Other people do lume, and they are fine, and they should keep praciticing. I dont mean to shit on anyone's work .. just keep practicing.

the microscopic stripes adjacent to the date window on my vac-lumed 500M

post-22602-0-16089400-1378266402_thumb.j

Has he!? I really thought he had some sort of rule. I'm sure that someone told me he wouldn't do a lume job on a replica dial, but a quick online search and it seems he will accept any job, apparently he likes to take his time but it's worth it if it looks amazing in the end imo. Sorry guys, I really didn't think he or jack at IWW would want to be associated with rep dials but I guess a job is a job and it looks like they do...