When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Seized in GZ?

jamesfl

Anyone ever have a watch snatched in GZ? EMS tracking shows the watch released from customs then 23 mins later it shows handed over to customs. Memo at the top says "you item was handed over to customs". No change in status for 5 days.

I've never seen this happen before as most customs issues/delays happen in the destination country. Anyone else every experience this?

When it has said that for me in GZ it just means it has gone through customs for dispatch... EMS tracking info does change in its terms every so often mate..I am pretty sure i noticed differences last time ...a few weeks back

All countries taking outgoing international packages go through customs... in US for UK it generally goes through NY ICS... It doesnt necessarily mean you have had it seized mate...

Once through customs it is put on a flight...now these are mail flights so they tend to stop at various countries and cities on its way to you.... these are slow flights and are not direct...some packages then sit there waiting for the next onward flight...

For example all UK parcels stop in Frankfurt or dussellorf and can sit there for a few days or go that day... the timing is longer than normal but not unusual :)

And even in the event it has been seized..(which would be stated) the dealer will resupply you mate at no cost :)

Andrew shipped a watch to me via EMS. I heard nothing for about 5 days. I asked Andrew for an update and he directed me to the EMS website along with my tracking number. By the time I checked it had been showing 'in customs' in China for 5 days. The next day (6th day) it was delivered to my address in the UK. Be patient, it will most likely just suddenly arrive.

Hope that what will happen for me as the tracking info has not changed on either EMS or USPS.

I have had it happen several times, tracking says handed over to customs...the watch is on my doorstep.

I learned a long time ago EMS tracking is next to worthless. Now I just make payment, and forget about the watch. If it hasn't showed up in three weeks I go lookin for it.

• 2 weeks later...