When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tag Heuer Grand Carrera 36 Test - Priceangels

Pioneer

Hi, so this will be my first post here on a replica Tag Heuer Grand Carrera Calibre 36. I thought i would share my thoughts on this low-end replica watch. And of course post some pictureshappy.gif

I bought this watch from Priceangels as an experiment, but because of its superb design (for me the dial and brown and white contrast) I started using it as my daily "beater". So for the first months it held up great and it harvested lots of compliments. But suddenly the dial-ring (turning part located over the watch-face) pusher/control fell off and rendered useless. But I liked the design so I made some effort to repair it and kept using it. Another sign of the low-end watch was that the Chronograph function never worked - Hence it being a a21 movement.

On the positive side, the whole dial was beautiful with nice details and good print and carvings. Whenever my friends checked it out they didn't even consider that it was fake. And i was impressed as well. And maybe not in the replica world, but otherwise the most important function: Timekeeping was very precise a few seconds +/- each day and i could comfortably trust its timekeeping. In addition the power reserve surprised me with about 16h. Otherwise the watch lens produced almost no reflections which made it great in sunny conditions, but i think a plastic material was used so scratch resistance wasn't great. Furthermore the date function was fully working and easy to adjust. Which meant that the two key elements of this watch was working and the watch was doing its primary job.

In conclusion it was/is a great looking watch with an elegant leather strap (though not of highest quality) an exquisite dial and accurate timekeeping. This was a great short term daily beater, but due to its quality this watch is not in it for the long run.

I'll leave my first post with some pictures for you to admire its design.

Best regards
-C/P

Ps. Is there a review of the Omega Seamaster 300m chronograph Ceramic, in BLUE?

post-50823-0-73626500-1378823565_thumb.j

post-50823-0-49809200-1378823575_thumb.j

post-50823-0-35502900-1378823601_thumb.j

post-50823-0-97245800-1378823611_thumb.j

post-50823-0-24603100-1378823622_thumb.j

post-50823-0-07838100-1378823630_thumb.j

• Like 2

Thanks for sharing your experience on this rep, its really appreciated my friend.  I'm a bit of a Tag Heuer enthusiast, owning a couple, one being a Carrera franken.  These Grand Carrera's are growing on me, I must say.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just remember anyone reading this that Price Angels is not a trusted dealer here and it would be in your interest to check out reviews of them before you consider any purchase :)