When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Milguass thread stripped help

the_rymeister

Hi all a my friend has a milguass with eta movement but the crown has snapped off the stem and the crown won't thread back onto the tube? without taking it apart would anyone know if these tubes unscrew? Looks like the threads are stripped.Also if anyone has a spare tube,crown and stem for one of these that would be a great help. It's an eta 2836 if I recall.

Here's a couple of pictures .

Cheers in advance :)

post-40133-137890479918.jpgpost-40133-137890481421.jpgpost-40133-137890482513.jpg

Twin & Triplock crowns contain a spring/plunger assembly, which is what allows the crown cap to move (laterally) beyond the point where it contacts the tube. This is part of what makes the water-tight seal. In this case, as jmb suggested, you need a new crown, which should screw onto the stem. You will need to remove the caseback & (carefully/gently) press the stem release to release the stem to fit the new crown. As this is a common problem with aftermarket crowns, if you plan on keeping the watch, I would replace with a gen crown (check ebay) &, since you have to remove the caseback anyway, I would have the movement professionally overhauled, so you are not back here next week posting that the watch stopped right after having the crown fixed.