When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Greetings from London - Breitling Navitimer questions!

luc717

Hi chaps, new to the forum so thought I would introduce myself. My name is Luc and I’m based in the UK. 

Firstly, incredibly impressed with the wealth of info & expertise here. I’ve registered on the other RWG too and the amount of info I have covered over the past few days is bordering on ridiculous!

My pursuit of (obsession with) a Breitling Navitimer is what has brought me here. I’ve just graduated from University so a gen Breitling is a bit out of my budget for now. 

My first attempt to get something close was a Rotary Chronospeed, an homage to the Navitimer. Unfortunately it’s far too lightweight and too small for what I wanted, even compared to my old £250 Armani watch (I know, don’t shoot me). Having read more about the difference between Quartz and Automatic, I now realise I definitely want an auto. I gather the Navitimer isn’t the most accurate rep, but I’m prepared to live with its shortcomings to have the next best thing to a gen on my wrist. 

I have a few questions that are quite specific about Navi reps. Would I be best to post these here or in the Breitling section?

Cheers for the help and look forward to getting involved! 

Welcome aboard Luc.

The Navi is definitely a lust worthy piece that many of us here long for. Fire away with your questions either here or separately in the Breitling section and we can help clarify the situation. The nutshell story however is that they are becoming impossible to get (as ceejay mentioned) and the versions that are around are not the greatest in terms of replication. Sunken date windows, misalligned slide rules and so on. The upside is that they are possible to franken up with some gen parts and with some effort, creativity and of course some $ you can have yourself a pretty decent piece.

Thank you for the warm welcome!

I've read about the tells with the Navitimer but for now it's the closest I can get to the gen so I'm prepared to live with them. The idea of having a bit of a project is quite appealing to me anyway, as is the idea of putting in some gen parts. Plus it will be a whole lot nicer watch than I've ever had before!

I have spoken with Andrew from Trustytime who has advised that he should be able to get hold of the Navitimer I want. Fingers crossed I will buck the trend on managing to acquire one!

One thing to note that I'm sure will be of interest to many here is that Andrew kindly advised there will be a new Navi rep update being launched in 5-6 months, so around the February 2014 mark. From what I've seen this should excite quite a few people! I've been waiting for so long to get a Navi that I've decided to go ahead and get one now and another once the new rep is launched. I fancy having a few on different straps anyway, or at least that's how I'm justifying it!

I'll head over to the Breitling section to post my questions. Thanks again for the info/welcome

• 1 year later...

Hi chaps, new to the forum so thought I would introduce myself. My name is Luc and I’m based in the UK. 

Firstly, incredibly impressed with the wealth of info & expertise here. I’ve registered on the other RWG too and the amount of info I have covered over the past few days is bordering on ridiculous!

My pursuit of (obsession with) a Breitling Navitimer is what has brought me here. I’ve just graduated from University so a gen Breitling is a bit out of my budget for now. 

My first attempt to get something close was a Rotary Chronospeed, an homage to the Navitimer. Unfortunately it’s far too lightweight and too small for what I wanted, even compared to my old £250 Armani watch (I know, don’t shoot me). Having read more about the difference between Quartz and Automatic, I now realise I definitely want an auto. I gather the Navitimer isn’t the most accurate rep, but I’m prepared to live with its shortcomings to have the next best thing to a gen on my wrist. 

I have a few questions that are quite specific about Navi reps. Would I be best to post these here or in the Breitling section?

Cheers for the help and look forward to getting involved

As you said   you are just graduated and  the watch is out of your budget ,i would like to suggest that don't hurry to buy ,  take your time and  let the best time to come for buying breitling watches. keep your spirit alive .