When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Franken Rb2 with CDG pattern, correct Date-Wheel, Correct Ti Bezel Screws and Gen Deployment Clasp

Dj_doshi

My Franken Rb2 with CDG pattern, correct Date-Wheel, Correct Ti Bezel Screws and Gen Ti Deployment Clasp. Special thanks to my friends Domi and Zorro who made this project successful... Enjoy !!! Mods include :- 1) swapping the movement to LWO283 + DD module 2) thinning of case back 3) installing Edges's Date-Wheel 4) Special AR'd crystal + AR on Cyclops 5) cote de Geneve' pattern 6) flash nickel plating (matte finish) the center gear and CDG plate 7) Ti plating the Bezel Screws 8) water proofing and relume 9) Gen Ti Deployment clasp 10) AP bands strap And a lot of time and patience !!

post-48571-14797.jpg

Awesome work mate.. great DW from Edge ... love it.. What did you have done in CDG mate?...Is behind CB on movement? Any pics from Domi?

Did Domi do the perlage behind the dial and is that his current AR ?  I have had a few done with his AR now... so i can just imagine it in the hand :)

Looks great and Z is the go to man on these reps :)

Thanks guys.. Nope not OEM dial ..

I did the perlage myself behind the Dial which is the CDG = Cote de Geneva Stripes.

It is Domi's new AR which is just awesome .. And to top it all .. Edge's killer Date-Wheel !!

The combo looks simply brilliant :) pics don't do justice .. Looks almost like Gen in real life !!

And Z helped me with a lot of things on this build..

Thanks again my friends Z, Edge and Domi :) :) really appreciate your help and input without which this Franken would not be possible !!

Edited by Dj_doshi

Thanks Tech.. He is truly a magician mate

@ txcollector : the main reason I used the LWO283 is so that I get the correct gears and screws as per Gen .. If u notice closely in the pics under the hands

@ legend : hi mate .. Long time !! How u been ... There's no way I can source a Gen spec RB2 dial.. If u have any leads pls point me in the right direction and I would love to buy it ... Also the date window sits well on the date-wheel !! Maybe mis-aligned by 0.2mm only but that's bcoz its the Rep dial ... But on the wrist u can't even tell :)

Hope all good with u mate '

• 3 months later...

Finally nailed the CDG as per Gen Spec with Rhodium plating !! Now just need to install this DD module top plate onto the watch... I used an actual Swiss watchmaker to do this mod for me and spent a f***ing bomb but the end result is insane :) :)

Check out the pics posted above...

Beautiful job, that is one gorgeous watch. Alas, it's way to young in style for my old bony wrist, but it truly is a work of art. Nice thing is if a gen dial should ever come up, you've done all the other stuff, so it would just be icing on the cake.