When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Another eBay fake... how to shut it down?

wiseguy1481

Some of you guys have a better eye than me... but... wow... if this is GEN then this watch SUCKS!

I am pretty sure its fake. I have no idea how to shut these sales threads down on ebay so I wanted to put it in front of you guys:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rolex-16610T-Oyster-Perpetual-Submariner-Green-Stainless-Steel-Mens-Watch-/261288616531?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item3cd603e253

We are in the wrong business ....................... do these guys get away with this crap!

@Mike, no joke, I think about that all of the time. I can buy a TC put in a GEN insert be into the watch roughly $800ish and turn around and sale it for $5,500+ on eBay... 99.9% of people wouldn't even know the difference. Its a shame that someone would do this and is even more of a shame that someone would do this with a watch that LOOKS SO FAKE!

The other problem I have is that I have only been doing this "rep" game for roughly 7 months and I have literally spent SO much time looking at watches and the "tells" of how our reps look like a rep that I am so anal about my watches now... hence wanting to go GEN.

If I see ONE little thing wrong with one of my watches I just want to sale it and buy something else... this forum has ruined me!!! haha

Moot point on the first one as it's now sold. Here is my rule of thumb, crappy photos, big minus. New seller, small minus, new seller plus sales of cheap non watch items, big minus. This seller hits all three minuses. Someone is going to be very disappointed when they find out that this is a fake.

I believe that what a lot of these sellers rely on is the buyer will wear the watch, and nothing goes wrong with it for a good period of time, by the time the buyer figures out he got scammed, it's too late to do anything.

Reported

9 people are "watching" this beauty, and 15 more are viewing it every hour. And this guy has never sold anything on ebay before (all buys). I'd say he found it in a trashcan on Canal Street in NYC, A real $99 special. Except he lives in Federal Way, WA.. There's only two things where he lives .. rain and trees. I can understand his desperation to raise cash so he can get out of there.

Two guys should bid on it. one at $4,975. Then the other follow with $5,000. One of 2 things will happen...

1) He'll go psycho-happy for the next  6 1/2 days thinking he is about to hit a small lottery. Of course, by the time this is over, nobody will have to pay him $ .05

2) He'll really crep himself. Even he had to know that watch might be the biggest piece of junk to every grace the Rolex Submariner section of ebay. ..Ever... So he specifially chose to "only" screw somebody for $599-$1600. That was his comfort zone, so to speak. Now, he will be screwing somebody for $5,000. That's fraud on the Grand-Theft Auto level. For 6 1/2 days he won't know of which he is more afraid...not getting paid, ..or getting paid.

No matter how this unwinds, he will be held acountable for his mistake.....

... thinking that everybody is as stupid, as he actually is..