When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen breitling navitimer sliderule into a rep navitimer tricompax ?

db1

Hi all !

I've just picked up a gen breitling navitimer sliderule from the bay (title says it's from a vintage navitimer), And i've got a modern navitimer rep (tricompax).

The sliderule marking on the rep is pretty much identical on the gen part i've picked up and the rep (correct me if i'm wrong), would it be a good idea to swap the rep sliderule to the gen?

the only difference i've noticed between them is that on my rep navi - for a gen, the sliderule red "arrows" (on the 60, 10... positions) should be thin. and on the gen sliderule i've picked up they are tiny bit thicker.

Here are pics of my rep navi, a gen navim and the gen part - let me know what you think.

Thanks!

db1

P.S: i'm not sure if it's important but i've also have got a gen dial for this watch (same dial color and marking as well)

Photos are uploaded as follows - fist my rep, second the gen sliderule picked up, third a gen watch example

post-10855-0-24230600-1379402921_thumb.j

post-10855-0-71290400-1379402936_thumb.j

post-10855-0-52613700-1379402981_thumb.j

• Like 1

In my eyes the 2 sliderules look totaly different, The gen (as we already know) markings reach closer to the outer edge of the slide rule, it's another of those glearing rep mistakes with the Navi.

If you can fit a gen dial and the gen sliderule in there then you have a couple of the instant tell tales covered. You will of course still have the sunken date wheel and the window will not align with the date font correctly, but as I see in your other post you are considering repping a date wheel overlay that would solve the misalignment but not the sunken date :(

Good luck with your project, we love good looking Navi's ;)

Thanks mate!

Well I'm my eyes the only visible differce between the gn sliderule I've picked up and the gen are the thicker arrow shapes (in red), but maybe im not looking good enough :(

About the production of a correct Date disc, yes I am serious about this (still working on it), it is aimed at eta 7753 movements, I've figured out that even if I transplant a gen 7753 into the navi with a gen dial and an eta date disc, it will still look awkward unless I can fit a navitimer specs date disc on that 7753 and make it an almost gen minus the case ;)

I hope that my project(s) will give fruits, now I've also found (in addition to the factory dealing with date discs) a factory that is capable of producing slide rules (I need to find somehow a really good graphics of the gen navi sliderule to make it work with them plus a big quantity)

Db1

My guess is that the slide rule insert you bought will be useless to you. On the vintage Navis the insert is almost flat whilst the modern Navi is dish like. There's no way it will fit.

Thanks for the interesting information Andrew!

What vintage navitimer models have used this type of sliderule than ?

Thanks,

Db1