When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My First Purchase with TrustyTime ! Will update daily.

payhomage

The Topic does not lie!

I just made my first purchase with TrustyTime. After speaking to Andrew for a good amount of time, a lot of research and a feel for one watch, I finally sealed the deal. 

The watch:     Ulysse Nardin Black Sea Marine Chronometer  263-92-3C  (Red Markers)

Picture will be posted below. I will also update this thread as much as I can, including when the package arrives and my notes on it. May even upload a video and some modding?

My question is, since I know a lot of people here have good faith in TrustyTime, what was the first watch you bought from them? How long did it take for it to arrive? Upload your pics!!!

Do you have a Ulysse Nardin? Upload picks i'd love to see it.

Have you done any mods to your Ulysse Nardin? Upload pics & info - i'd love to read it!

Also, if anyone can answer this question: From the date that Andrew gives me the tracking #, how long should it take to arrive to New York, USA?

Thank guys looking forward to seeing your photos and comments below!

post-57659-0-46525900-1379478872_thumb.j

Welcome to the forum.

Shipping can take anywhere from 2-3 weeks to over a month depending on stock. One thing to learn early in this hobby is patience. Always give our TDs the benefit of the doubt before getting anxious or worried. It can be nerve racking waiting on your first rep. Sit back, relax, do some research, and enjoy!

I've purchased about 3-4 watches from Andrew. He has ALWAYS been great.

There is more to the hobby then just collecting watches. A lot of very knowledgable people frequent these boards giving you a great source of watch information.

Again, welcome!

UN MMDC was my very first rep when i came here. Two years later, still using it as my dress watch. Cyclops is bit fu***d up and misplaced, and movement is bit off, but in person the watch looks awesome. SS version is awesome. I think that RobbieG or By-Tor (cannot remember who it was exactly) wrote nice review about MMDC. You may want to use search function. That review is worth searching ;)

post-40168-0-72582400-1358530337_thumb.j
post-40168-0-38822700-1348755310_thumb.j

Edited by van_damme1988

I too completed my first purchase with Andrew a couple weeks ago, after primarily using another trusted dealer for the majority of my past purchases.  So far, the communication with Andrew has been top notch, and I love the addition of the timeographer photo within the QC pictures.  Tracking shows handed over to NY customs yesterday, so with any luck, I'll have my Swiss ETA 2836,  Blue / Black GMT Master II in-hand tomorrow!  :-).  Please post pictures of your U.N. when it arrives!

First of all, welcome to the forum, Homage.  This is a great resource if you are looking for info on the rep and even the Gen world of watches and what you should be buying.  A lot of great reps have come out in the last year or two, and it only looks to be getting better!

Speaking of reps, I am looking forward to seeing any review that you decide to post about the Black Sea when it comes in.  This is THE Ulysse Nardin model that I would get should I eventually decide to go that route.  The main reason that I have not picked one up yet myself is because of the fact that no real review yet exists for this model, and I am curious to find the quality of the lume and rubberization for what few parts have been coated on this rep.  I know that the full case is not coated in vulcanized rubber the way that the Gen is, but it would still be worth having, since Black and Red is my second favorite color combo, next to Blue and Orange.

Yup. It is big, it's bulky, it's extravagant and its sporty appearance makes them to be anything but a dress watch. Diver watch with rubber band ain't usually the best choice as a dress watch. UN MMDC is imho something special in this case. They have beautiful design that works perfectly with suit. Very eye-catching. On the other hand, you have to choose the right model that works well as a dress watch. I would not choose lets say 45 mm titanium UN MMD as a dress watch, but MMDC is a nice one as well as UN Maxi Marine Chronometer. It is something different from classic dress watches as IWC Portuguese or Portofino or Rolex Datejust or whatever. Depends how you wear it :p

Yup. It is big, it's bulky, it's extravagant and its sporty appearance makes them to be anything but a dress watch. Diver watch with rubber band ain't usually the best choice as a dress watch. UN MMDC is imho something special in this case. They have beautiful design that works perfectly with suit. Very eye-catching. On the other hand, you have to choose the right model that works well as a dress watch. I would not choose lets say 45 mm titanium UN MMD as a dress watch, but MMDC is a nice one as well as UN Maxi Marine Chronometer. It is something different from classic dress watches as IWC Portuguese or Portofino or Rolex Datejust or whatever. Depends how you wear it :p

my two cents, I think that somehow the definition of a dress watch has been changed over the last decade. A dress watch should be discrete, slip easily under the shirt sleeve and most certainly not on a rubber strap.

If you like it i'm happy too but be aware Van Damme ;)

my two cents, I think that somehow the definition of a dress watch has been changed over the last decade. A dress watch should be discrete, slip easily under the shirt sleeve and most certainly not on a rubber strap.

If you like it i'm happy too but be aware Van Damme ;)

I dont think so much that has changed mate....it is a subjective definition especially with the watch design..... for example if you talk about evening dress or formal dresswear in terms of clothes....many people view that differently and will atttend differently... even black tie can mean different things to different people...

If you consider that rubber straps have been considered acceptable to dress watches since Hublot started in late 70s and early 80s even the Kings and Queens of Europe found them acceptable dress watches at that time....

I think the term dress watch is a wide ranging meaning....

Personally to me a dress watch is something that looks classy... but not necessarily classic... :)

I dont think so much that has changed mate....it is a subjective definition especially with the watch design..... for example if you talk about evening dress or formal dresswear in terms of clothes....many people view that differently and will atttend differently... even black tie can mean different things to different people...

If you consider that rubber straps have been considered acceptable to dress watches since Hublot started in late 70s and early 80s even the Kings and Queens of Europe found them acceptable dress watches at that time....

I think the term dress watch is a wide ranging meaning....

Personally to me a dress watch is something that looks classy... but not necessarily classic... :)

Acceptable to some.

here's a classic example of how the sports watch made it to be a dress watch.

I love bond when it comes to his style and suits but his watches... It's not his fault, someone at MI6 has poor taste.

I could see bond with a nice JLC master control, a piaget altiplano or a glashutte but certainly not with this.

watches-of-james-bond-timekeeping-gear-p

Hublot as a dress watch , i really don' get it. Certainly no need to button up the cuff with this brick on your wrist.!

full_wade_hublot_swiss_watch_26_wenn5753