When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Most accurate rep of all time?

CokeSmurf

Good evening to you all!

I was having a discussion with a good friend of mine over a whiskey on trying to find out what is the most overall accurate rep watch of all time!
Frankens are do NOT count, since they obviously have certain gen parts.
So, what truly is the most accurate rep watch out of the box of ALL TIME?

My guess is one of the PAM Base models, or perhaps the latest AP Diver 4.1, but since i own none of these, please, share your thoughts and ideas!

Let me know if you want to make a poll of the matter!

The Cokesmurf!

111 v3

243 v2

Diver 4.1

TC Sub

JLC NSD

BP DSSD

111 v3 -YES (Own one)

243 v2 - YES (Also own one)

Diver 4.1 (Semi-Agree)

TC Sub - YES (Again...own one)

JLC NSD - (Never held one)

BP DSSD - NO (Not even close, have you ever held a gen?)

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/146754-best-rep-of-all-times-and-the-winner-is-wait-for-it-noob-111-and-ploprof-v2/

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/152306-what-is-the-best-replica-up-to-date-for-the-ending-year-2012/

...hard to say really, the pams 243 V2/111 V3 are always rated, the 4.1 diver also. Lots of interesting reps, the laureus ingy and V2 mark xvi/xvii are very good, as is the jlc nsd. The noob Explorer II is good although lacks a few finishing touches. TC needs gen inserts at least. Lots of good older stuff also, Ebel 1911/SOSF/ Slevin/Ploprof/Seawolf but some needed mods, lume/AR etc.

I'd go for the diver 4.1, it is probably as close 1:1 to gen as we have got so far.

I dont think any PAMs meet that status....

I agree on the Ebel or possibly the Chopard GT XL 2008 LE.... I have held it against a gen and its an amazing rep OTB better than any so called PAM super reps...

Plus I always think the best rep of all time will be a model that isnt well known either...or rather isnt popular with guys that would spot a rep ..or know enough about the gen brand...

If you never seen a gen Rolex...then to you any BP current Rolex would be the best rep of all time...but if you knew Rolex inside and out ...then it aint !!

Its the same with PAMs.... I can see a rep 90% of time on the wrist across a table.... because I know them......

So its always going to be subjective and based on the brand and its understanding in the wider community....we always place too much respect to most of the people we meet when wearing reps.... the truth is 95% wouldnt know..and of the remaing 5%...3% wouldnt know looking at your wrist... (might suspect but wouldnt be sure) and the remaining 2 % would.... and how many of them would you meet?

Most call out threads....are usually by a guy who is guessing or showing off to put the rep wearer down...not because he actually knows... ;)

I wasnt sure on the dssd, all i know that its supposed to be the best dssd rep...

As the proud owner of a BK DSSD who has had the opertunity to compare with a GEN, i can tell you i love my watch, but a contender for most accurate rep, it is not. The bezzel and insert are such a givaway. The markers and numbers on the insert are platinum colour on the GEN not white as on the rep. They also appear much sharper and deeper.  

That said, it still gets the most wrist time. With a gen insert it would look amazing. :)

WM9/TC Submariner 16610 is pretty damn accurate too. Breitling Skyland (with good dots) is also amazing. The initial batch of Seamaster Chrono (with ETA dw) is a killer... it's my oldest rep. With genuine insert it's virtually indistinguishable.

And just FYI... HE valve on the chrono version is exactly at '10 on the gen too.

IMG_0511.jpg