When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Trevor talked me out of the new Seamaster ceramic

rek001

Hi guys

I contacted Trevor about getting the new Seamaster Pro 300 ceramic in blue, I chose him because he had the best price for a few other watches I want.

He replied that he wouldn't recommend the new Seamaster ceramic, he's had too many problems and returns with it.

This is news to me, I don't know if he was just blowing smoke because he ran out of them and couldn't get more or if it's the truth.

Anyone care to comment?

• 2 weeks later...

Well you know Trevor, his english language skills are not very good.

I could not get specifics out of him, and the lag time between e-mails was so long it was maddening, I gave up on the deal.

Yes, I still want one very much, but Trevor put this doubt in the back of my mind.
i dunno, maybe the problem is with the dirty re-cycled ETA movement?

Anyway, I may go for this SMP but from a dealer with excellent after sales support.

Yes, I still want one very much, but Trevor put this doubt in the back of my mind.

i dunno, maybe the problem is with the dirty re-cycled ETA movement?

Anyway, I may go for this SMP but from a dealer with excellent after sales support.

Don't let it scare you of. Usually there are other interests involved.

Tried to buy the 007 50th myself, gave up after terrible batches of QC pics, wonky hour markers, logos, bezels, and even entire dials off angle, one only had single sided AR too.....

So, that's probably what he was suggesting, the QC on these pieces was the worst I have ever come across ;)

Let me just say, I've been wearing mine everyday for the past month now. It looks good in a suit, looks good casual. And Omega isnt desperately in your face like rolex (no offence), rolex, a brand which everyone assumes if fake anyway. You're missing out as we speak. I must admit, a lot of the time i get distracted by the double a/r'd crystal, in fact I burnt myself cooking the other day. Mine arrived doa, but a local smithy sorted it. Worse come to the worst get it serviced, no biggy.