When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP Picture thread

tech

55 minutes ago, Lolo1972sg said:

Mine is just a pair of As, yours is a royal flush. Of course you win. 
On the side, I thought you have moved out (or are moving out) of AP?

Oh, please don't say that @Lolo1972sg.

I meant it as a tease, not as a competition. Either one of us could buy a gen and be done with it if this was the case lol.

Regarding your question, yes I am getting out of APs. The watch is my build but it does not belong to me, as I did this as one of my final AP franken projects for a someone else.

Oh, please don't say that [mention=74299]Lolo1972sg[/mention].
I meant it as a tease, not as a competition. Either one of us could buy a gen and be done with it if this was the case lol.
Regarding your question, yes I am getting out of APs. The watch is my build but it does not belong to me, as I did this as one of my final AP franken projects for a someone else.

Entendu. Yes, there is no competition when it comes to the Legend and his builds (multiple punts intended).
Btw, Happy CNY. Huat ah!
  • Like 1

On 1/25/2017 at 0:46 PM, Lolo1972sg said:

Entendu. Yes, there is no competition when it comes to the Legend and his builds (multiple punts intended).
Btw, Happy CNY. Huat ah!

Like I said bro, I have no doubts that you could just go out and buy the gen today, but we are in the hobby for the fun of the build.

Happy CNY bro and I wish you a happy and prosperous 2017. 

On 1/24/2017 at 8:51 PM, Legend said:

Oh, please don't say that @Lolo1972sg.

That's really too bad (for the rest of us AP lovers)!!

May I ask why, if not too personal?

You're a gentleman & a scholar, and I wish you all the best in any and all future endeavors!

There is no doubt you have been an asset to this community!!

Be well my friend, be well!

That's really too bad (for the rest of us AP lovers)!!
May I ask why, if not too personal?
You're a gentleman & a scholar, and I wish you all the best in any and all future endeavors!
There is no doubt you have been an asset to this community!!
Be well my friend, be well!

Oh thanks for your overly kind statement bro.

I guess it's just a personal change of taste. And now I find the ROOs a tad too loud for my progressively subdued tastes.
Who knows, I will return one day to annoy you all again in this area.

I tread softly along the fine line separating raving insanity and lucid moments of ingenuity. The issue is I've no idea which is which mostly.
  • Like 1

99e78351e37939e2cb4d36b8dcd893ad.jpg
Except for caseback, everything is gen.
Gen AP 3126/2184 movement as well as a gen midcase, bezel and bezel screws.

I tread softly along the fine line separating raving insanity and lucid moments of ingenuity. The issue is I've no idea which is which mostly.

• Like 6

I am slowly trying to understand more about these builds. Looking at the date window, it seems to be in the genuine position, rather more in line with the 2 and 4 than the reps. Is this a genuine dial or are some better than others? I would have thought finding a spare genuine limited edition dial would be just about impossible.