When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Crossfit annyone?

PilotI

• 2 weeks later...

I've been doing CrossFit for the better part of a year now as well and been seeing some improvements in endurance, strength, and speed.

Didn't think I could do it but I'm burning fat and reaching goals!  Love CrossFit as most of the time the competition is against yourself (and your previous benchmark).  There's a continuous drive to improve and the community is great.  Glad to be with good company!

Good to hear some other people are doing these workouts.

The main reason for me initially was to gain a bit of muscle mass, as an open water swimmer i was rather skinny, strong upper body but skinny legs!

I went to the gym like many but i coulden't relate to that mentality.

I backed off from the gym and I started doing exercices at home with just a bar and bodyweight: deadlifts, pullups and a bit of squats and front squats, pushups, etc.

Pretty soon i ended up bying a power rack, more weights and a bench. Great for doing squats and bench pressing.

then i got tempted into doing overhead squats and olympic lifts in genral. the overhead squats were difficult at the start because of the lack of flexibility i had at the time but i got there in the end.

from overhead squats moved to clean and press and eventually my snatch.

HIT workouts, cardio, heavy loads, olympic lifts it's addictive!

I misread the thread title..... I got excited when I saw it and thought blimey this is an open minded forum...maybe I have found somewhere I can share my passion... :)

Then reading through I realise you are talking about a fitness progrmme.... and not cross dressing... !

Unless this is code.......????

;)

• Like 1

^^^BWAHAHAHAH. 

Pete you never seem to amaze me. 

On the crossfit subject...I have heard its a great program.  I ussualy do Insanity but that sh!t kills your knees and lower back.   Results are amazing and worth it.  I am assuming the results would be similar w crossfit but would take longer.

So it is code!!

^^^BWAHAHAHAH

So what does that mean. :);)

And "...Never seem to amaze me"...

I ain't sure if its a insult or an invite to try harder?... ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Yesssurrr crossfit rocks! Been doing it since 2007. Best program ever! Highly recommend it....helped me to maintain a healthy weight, blood pressure, and cholesterol levels. Wouldn't be without it! Do insanity and P90x as well. all good programs and remember ANY thing is better than sitting on the couch! Enjoy to the max gents!

do you need equipment for this or can you do it without?

Both..there are crossfit workouts that are total body weight, but most require at least 135lbs in rubber bumper plates, kettlebells, pull-up bar, jump rope, and 20lb medicine ball. You can do most WOD's(workout of the day) with these. Oh yea a wood box about 20in high for box jumps.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just started with crossfit, try to do it 3x a week, minimum 2x. I love it.

Amazing how much strength you loose in a couple of years. I used to compete in duathlon, triathlon and running competitions. 3 years of owning a company has a bad influence on my overall strength & condition. I'll try to get it back.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently a runner with some added basic excercises like pushups ad pullups at home. I want to step it up a bit and am trying to decide between signing up for a gym or a crossfit class. I'm leaning toward crossfit as it seems more flexible timewise, but I've heard you're more prone to injuries due to the intensity and pushing for PR's all the time. Is that so? I'd hate to have to pause my running because of that.