When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PURPLE 116613 dial!

irolexu

Just received a BP sub last night but I'm very sad to say the dial is as purple as Barney's ass!! So here's my idea. I have emailed both Tc and bk and both have 16613 dials. What would you guys think if I were to remove the old markers on the 16613 and convert it to a 116613 dial. Would this work out or would there be discrepancies! The 116613 is so nice minus this little set back!

Also all new ceramic subs have maxi hands and markers where as the 16613 dial has smaller rings. I'm with sneed on this one. It's not to difficult to have the markers removed and replaced. Anyways look at this. In one room the dial is blue and walk into another room and THIS.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ya. But this isn't my first 116613 from BP and the last one came out fine. I'm just upset because in the QC pics the dial is blue but I promise you who ever was handling the watch new it was very purple and didn't bother to do the right thing and notify me. I would have gladly got a black one instead.

Why? Swapping markers is often easier, plus the markers on the newest dials have thinner surrounds.

Not to mention that proper relume means removing and re adding the markers anyway.

And it's ridiculously easy to do compared to luming properly

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

• 1 month later...