When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

CV2010-1 Carrera Gen or Rep?

bluezach

Hello everyone, greatly appreciate the help.

I have just purchased a watch on eBay, for $1450 US for a carrera CV2010-1 and the auction said it comes with box and papers. once it arrived the papers were not attached and so i contacted the seller and asked him to send them to me. he has responded by saying he made a mistake and this watch has no papers.

he has offered a full refund or alternatively 210 NZ dollars back and i keep the watch. but this has now made me think the watch is fake. can anyone have a look at the images and tell me if this is real or not. remember this is the cv2010-1 (the early model)

thanks for your time and responses everyone.

post-57276-0-96614200-1380329126_thumb.j

post-57276-0-40210800-1380329130_thumb.j

post-57276-0-30133900-1380329135_thumb.j

post-57276-0-77634900-1380329140_thumb.j

I'm not too familiar with this particular Carrera model, but if you can get a photo of the bracelet clasp area front and rear with the clasp closed, I can tell you if the bracelet is a replica of genuine.  Also if you can get a shot of the movement with the case back off, this will help too.

I will email a friend who has the gen of this model, and ask him to take a look for you.

Gen end links for sure. Date font is correct and rotor too. To be honest I have never seen a CV2010 with a case back that says CV2010. They normally have CV2013 and LY3487 as the serial. From the pics (viewed from my iPhone) it is hard to say 100% but I would be leaning to gen. You should be able to see the "25 jewels Swiss made" bit through the glass case back.

Let me know.

I agree with Chaw, this watch is Gen. The 41mm Carrera reps all have the CV2014 case back engraving, if I'm not mistaken, I know my CV2017 rep sure does. If it is a rep then it is a franken with gen movement and dial, case back, rotor, bracelet (end links for sure), etc. I can see the decorated bridges on the movement, the date wheel font is not A7750 and the Chrono subdial bezels also look gen, the rep bezels are a little too thick and actually touch the '12' and '6' markers, there is a clear gap on your watch. The dial printing on your watch is also a nice bright white, the reps have a much greyer looking (silver) dial text. 

All in all, you got a great deal on a great watch, I wouldn't worry about the papers. I don't know why he would offer your money back and let you keep the watch though because it is definitely Gen. :g:

Without the papers there is also the possibility that the watch could be stolen or a insurance scam.

I personally wouldn't be happy receiving a watch that had been advertised with papers and delivered without them. 

If it was an international transaction I wouldn't be too worried but if it was a national sale I would get the watch checked out.

Good luck ;)