When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

G'day from Brisneyland

Greetings all,

Ok, I'll get right to it - My name is Diver Doug, and I'm a newbie. With this in mind, I will probably ask some dumb questions, so please be gentle. I found this forum after another forum turned rather unfriendly (or should I say, a couple rather idiotic members). Therefore, I would rather be around people that are a little bit friendlier, and if a noob (such as myself) asks a dumb question, people would rather just ignore the question rather than some rather immature flaming comments.

Whew !!! Glad I got that off my chest!

Anyway, I'm a transplanted Canadian living in Brisbane, Australia, and so far I'm glad to have found this forum, as the info in the threads seems pretty extensive.  I particularly love the reviews by veteran members (and fellow Rush fan) such as By-Tor. It makes the decision of what to buy and from whom so much easier.

I am new to the rep world, but am keen to start collecting. As my name might tell, I used to be a commercial diver (and dive instructor) from way back, so a couple dive reps are high on my list (I'll include a wish list at the end). However, there are a few others that I have my eyes on. I've seen a few of the TDs listed here and been on some of their websites (especially yours, Andrew!), so any advice/recommendations would be appreciated (don't worry though, I've read a lot of the threads too). I also read the newbie sticky here, but I wish some of those links were still working!

I also have a few questions, primarily pertaining to watch movement comparisons. I don't know whether to ask here or no (and I've searched t, so if anyone can recommend a member/thread about movements, it would also be appreciated.

Anyway, I'll be lurking around, so hopefully I'll hear from people from time to time. I'm always keen to meet new people (especially if you're in the SE Qld area) and learn from their experiences. Will also be admiring other people's reps as well

Best regards,

Diver Doug

PS

Diver Doug's Wish List

1) Omega PO

2) Rolex Seadweller

3) Patek Philippe (from the Complications range) - still looking for specific models

4) Panerai - either a Luminor Marina Automatic or a Radomir (haven't decided which one yet)

5) Vacheron Constantine - still deciding which