When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

help needed with tracking

nardis

I ordered one from Andrew and tried to be patient but this tracking does not make any sense. So I just wanted to ask you guys what it means.

Here goes the tracking info..

Timing Site Status

2013-09-17 19:07:00 City of Guangzhou Posting

2013-09-17 19:48:00 City of Guangzhou Despatch from Sorting Center

2013-09-17 23:18:00 GUANGZHOU Arrival at Sorting Center

2013-09-17 23:47:00 GUANGZHOU Released from Customs

2013-09-18 00:07:00 GUANGZHOU Handed over to Customs

2013-09-18 00:46:00 GUANGZHOU Despatch from Sorting Center

So the timeline of the tracking does not make any sense to me. First of all, do packages go through customs at origin country? I thought it only has to go through the customs at the destination country.

Second, why was it 'handed over to customs' after being 'released from customs' ? Whatever happened, it's been stuck at that point for 16 days. Please give me some input. I ordered from the US. Thanks.

Edited by nardis

Thats quite unusual, and approaching three weeks is a long time too.  

Where are you located?

Have you ordered from Andrew before?

11 posts in several years, wow.!  I'm guessing you have many reps in your collection?  Why not get more involved in the forums community, and share your positive experiences with your TD of choice/s, and reps?

Thanks for the input. I am in Illinois. Yes I've been around for several yrs but not much experience to share.. it's only my 4th purchase. 2 from Andrew and 1 from someone I don't remember. I had no problems with Andrew before and am pretty sure that I won't this time but just getting impatient cause tracking info's messy and it's taking unusually long. Just wondering how long it usually takes from the US as it's my first purchase from here.

I read somewhare that the Chinese customs now are monitoring outgoing shipments and stopping items that are not allowed in the country of destination and/or aiding the customs of destination.

Sorry if this doesn't make any sense.

I'm not native English speaking.

F is right mate.. all packages from any country go through customs.... before departure....Chinese seem to be getting harder now on packages and they return to sender generlly...

reads like your package got sent back to sender..... and given holidays now you probably wont be certain till after the 6th....

Just email dealer mate.... he will reship if that is the case....

Its a pain and you need patience mate...but I guess its going to take a few more weeks now mate :)

GL :)

I'm getting ready to order afew watches after the holiday, really not looking forward to the delivery process.

I guess that's the price we pay for more accurate reps.

side question. Does the custom office in NY affected by this shut down? According to the tracking numbers, My packages arrived to NewYork on 9/30/2013 and their status have not changed since.

September 30, 2013 , 4:16 pm

Processed Through Sort Facility

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS

Do you mean export or import mate...

If export...I bought a few things of late from guys in US and it has taken an age to get out of IPS in NY.... one was 6 days and the other 8 days....

I aint sure why but it never used to take that long...I had assumed just increased workloads or security protocols etc

Not sure if  IPS is also running backlogs etc and/or is effected by the shut down that I keep reading about over there also...

I had the same "wrong order" of tracking, first released from customs and after that handed over to customs and despatch. Then 5 days nothing. My package just arrived at the UK customs, so everything is fine. I think there is no coherence between the wrong order in tracking and possible seizing by the chinese customs. Other users (in another forum) have the same wrong order in their tracking. Maybe a new "feature" in the EMS tracking...  :)

• 4 weeks later...

In addition to mine saying released from customs and then handed over to customs, there was a small note in a yellow box above the tracking info that said "Your item was handed over to Customs(GUANGZHOU)". The yellow box I had not seen before.

Edited by jamesfl