When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dssd bezel insert popped off

matzaman

Hi all,

I have an ultimate version of the deep sea dweller with 2836 movement that I got from perfect clones about 2 months ago. I've worn it maybe 10 times. I just shook my wrist and the bezel insert fell off without provocation. Anyone ever have an issue with that before? If I get a replacement insert will it fit and if so how do I secure it to the bezel?

Thanks

E

If the insert isn't broken you can glue it back on with some gs hypo cement.use only a few small drops on the outer edge of the bezel and keep glue away from crystal or you run the risk of glueing the bezel to the crystal which will make it hard to turn.don't use super glue as this will bugger your watch .contact glue will also work.hope this helps mate

Ok, thanks. Didn't know if theses were meant to be glued or if they should just stay in based on tightness. Etc.

I accidentally dissolved the glue in my insert with polishing chemicals. It happens all the time. Just use appropriate glue (never super glue!!)

Ok, let's say I'm a moron and got too much glue on the inside of the bezel and now it won't turn. Any idea how I remove it? I assume I got it on the crystal an that's why it's stuck.

If you used hypo cement you should be able to break whatever seal you've created there easily by just turning the bezel.

Did you end up using superglue?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I tried finding hypo at michaels but no luck. I got aleens jewelry glue instead which said it works with watches. I can't find anything about dissolving it, but if assume acetone would work. Just wonder how bad that will mess up the watch.

It will dissolve the crystal gasket

So I just looked up allenes, that stuff is a cyanoacrylate glue (it's super glue)

Not sure you are going to be able to get that bezel unstuck without damaging something else on the watch - acetone would dissolve it, but will ruin the gasket.

You could chip it off probably but you'd have to break the insert to get it out.

You still MIGHT be able to break the glue holding the bezel in place if you can get a good grip on it. Cyanoacrylate doesn't have a very good shear strength as it's quite brittle when cured, so the kind of pressure involved holding two rotating pieces together, it's not tough against. So you may be able to shatter the glue

Ok, let's say I'm a moron and got too much glue on the inside of the bezel and now it won't turn. Any idea how I remove it? I assume I got it on the crystal an that's why it's stuck.

I'd use whatever polish JKay was using on his watch when the insert fell out. :)  

That or superglue debonder available at most hardware stores.  http://www.maplin.co.uk/debonder-46000

• Like 1