When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP unserviced a7750- daily beater

lolz123

I was wondering if using an unserviced a7750 AP as a daily beater is a viable or good idea.

I am asking because I am from Toronto and I am having trouble finding anyone to service my watches. And I want to wear an AP daily.

Also, my friend had a bad idea of putting his AP in a watch winder box and after a month his AP started losing time and occasionally the seconds got stuck at 30 seconds. Im afraid that wearing it everyday is like puttig it on a winder. I was wondering if anyone could help him as well.

Thanks. All replies are welcome

Edited by lolz123

There is no way of knowing for sure without tearing it apart. But from my experience the AP OS with sec @12 are the worst to use daily. Besides the usual bad oiling and dirt of the A7750 they have design issues due to the seconds transfer from 9 to 12. Extra wear could lead to an early dead without propped care. So it all depend on how much money you want to invest and if you really care if it breaks down.

Read this:

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/134432-qa-why-do-our-a7750s-need-a-service/?hl=+need%20+service

And this

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/143915-faq-to-service-or-not-to-service-my-thoughts/?hl=%2Bservice#entry1158012

For a daily beater my advice would also be the Diver.