When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

We Now Have Our Chance....

Richard Tracy

Okay,.. The chance has finally come, for us get our hands on the watch that we want most, replicated,....

Jay is willing to build a watch for us... :D

He says it must be based on the following movements,..eta-2836/2824/2892/6497.

Also, since he is going to purchase a gen to model the rep from, we should keep the actual

cost of the piece within the realms of acceptability.

Also makes for a watch that is realistic for normal ownership..

The most popular will be placed into a poll,.. and we will vote on it, for submission to Jay....

Let the suggestions begin..... ^_^

My vote is for a Zenith, or Iwc brands ? Still researching moderately priced models..

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about pushing the boat out and going for something different and very very classy.....Girard Perregaux Sea Hawk...fitted with 28XXX with a Sopraz module.....:D!

158484-12998.jpg

158484-12999.jpg

158484-13000.jpg

158484-13001.jpg

158484-13002.jpg

158484-13003.jpg

158484-13004.jpg

Edited by TTK

That SeaHawk is beautiful. It would be high on the list.

How about a decent, close, high fidelity Corum Admiral's Cup. It would be large enough to satisf the "rock on a wrist" crowd and it's a watch that is very hot now and should be done well.

Edit: Although, now that I think of it, I believe the genuine is a non chrono based on the 7750 for running secs at 9. Oh well.

SEAHAWK!!!!!

Pulllleze.......use some imgaination....not another bloody Rolex......there's enough of 'em...!

In light of the new Chopard XL offering.....I defo think it;s time to think outside the box.....the Sea HAwk is a perfect candidate....it's got heritage....it'g got class....and style.....suitable as a sports watch or dress watch.....at home on leather or rubber.....plus it goes loooow.....3000m.....9900ft.....!

I'll put it to you this way.....if I was at a seminar....and the two guys opposite were wearing a 16800.....and a Sea Hawk.....I know which one my spittle would fall on.....and it doesn't have 5 letters.....!

158515-12988.jpg

158515-12989.jpg

158515-12990.jpg

158515-12991.jpg

158515-12992.jpg

158515-12993.jpg

Neither of which contain the movements described. :D

Well, I was waiting for someone else to suggest it so I didn't sound like a total IWCite, but here's the one I want:

158529-12986.jpg

Yes, the bezel is a challenge. :D

Yep -- this is a sure beauty. Strange -- it seems that you and I are the very few that are IWCites. :)

This would be a very challenging task to reproduce -- I wonder if it may be too difficult to get close to the gen.

What about a Rolex 16800 - Gotta love that cream!

Parts are easy to make or already exist. Only real new part would be a good case. So low cost and easy set up.

158533-12985.jpg

or a 16710 gmt mastter ii with a 2892... i'ld go for that.

Guys...come on...stop thread crapping....there's no point in posting Grand Complications......simple stuff.....easy to copy....!

My second candidate would the Chronoswiss Timemaster.....in either form.!

158539-12982.jpg

158539-12983.jpg

158539-12984.jpg

How about an Omega XL Railmaster homage personalised with initials and 'limited edition' on the dial....oh no wait a sec :unsure:

Seriously though, methinks there is an obvious inherent flaw in this plan.....we all agree this is a rare chance to select an uncommon bespoke choice, something that my cheesy Yank colleagues call "out of the box" thinking :rolleyes: however, the 'poll' means by definition the common majority will out and therefore the least 'individual' choice (i.e. lowest common denominator) will win no doubt.

Christ I'm babbling sorry :blush:

Problem is there are just so many to choose from and that movt selection discounts chronos :( ....

Firstly, I like the G-P and they are on the up, plus Jay will send my steel shares through the roof just building it ^_^

But then the rep world (ok me then) is crying out for a decent Tag - say an Aquagraph if we're talking big bad dive watches, or maybe something more classic/dressy like a Targa Florio. Sorry back to chronos again, oops. But hey the gens are cheap compared to the WIS high end models.

Zenith (THE chrono, oops) also gets a vote as long as it's one of the more classic models rather than the abominations seen recently - I mean I thought Hublot had cornered the market in fugly chronos, obviously not. But if fugly chronos are what the masses wants then you may as well include the Roger Dubuis Easy Diver.

Of course, chronos apart (do you detect a theme here?) what's left?

IWC? Sorry Pugs but that same cold clinical Ti-look is just that....very samey.

Rolex? Neil said it all (although wonder if Jay would be interested in buying a 1675 just for the case :whistling: )

Omega? Forget the watch, just make me a bloody 22mm rubber strap :angry:

Musing over, let's get back to the random pic posting.....