When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Richard Mille RM011 - review and problems

patrick100

Hello everyone,

New member here and my first post to this forum.

I have a small collection of reps, some ETA, some A7750. In this game, like a lot of you already know, you have to factor in a certain amount of risk. Luckily, with the exception of a couple of A7750's (one Daytona and one Panerai flyback), all have worked very well.

I recently purchased a rep RM011 with A7750 movement (around 2 weeks back). The watch itself looks really good (fooled a couple of people here and there), but as many have said, the date font is wrong.

Anyways, I am having problems with the following:

- The "sweeping" second hand is on the dial located at "3 o'clock", and appears quite jerky in movement

- Power reserve is a real problem - I have hand wound the crown in the direction of resistance for around 10-15 rotations, slowly, and relied on hand-swirling (rotor clockwise direction) for the rest. Doesn't work effectively. Only when I hand wind the crown for 40+ rotations, do I get more than 24 hours of power reserve

Any comments / views from those experienced in these matters would be great. I live in London - do the forum recommend any people who can service the watch (if need be, which I think it will need!), especially with a A7750 movement?

Very much appreciated,

Pat.

The closest guy to you that is a trusted on RWI is UK watchservices .... he simply does servicing nothing more

Then you move onto guys in EU that are watchsmiths and modders... like Domi and LeWiz and a few others.

Generally my own experience is that a good 7750 starts good and doesnt usually need breaking in...however I do read of guys that find their movements especially PR improving after use... but then I also read about guys whose 7750s die after use so...its a hard call mate

Personally if you are having an issue get it serviced...you will need to eventually as with any rep movement..

There are other rep friendly watch guys in London... but you need to go to them rather than jut post it...there was a guy in the tube station at Liverpool street had a small shop that would do work...

But if others dont mention it here try search tool as the question about rep friendly watchsmiths in London has been discussd a few times before mate...

Hello everyone,

New member here and my first post to this forum.

I have a small collection of reps, some ETA, some A7750. In this game, like a lot of you already know, you have to factor in a certain amount of risk. Luckily, with the exception of a couple of A7750's (one Daytona and one Panerai flyback), all have worked very well.

I recently purchased a rep RM011 with A7750 movement (around 2 weeks back). The watch itself looks really good (fooled a couple of people here and there), but as many have said, the date font is wrong.

Anyways, I am having problems with the following:

- The "sweeping" second hand is on the dial located at "3 o'clock", and appears quite jerky in movement

- Power reserve is a real problem - I have hand wound the crown in the direction of resistance for around 10-15 rotations, slowly, and relied on hand-swirling (rotor clockwise direction) for the rest. Doesn't work effectively. Only when I hand wind the crown for 40+ rotations, do I get more than 24 hours of power reserve

Any comments / views from those experienced in these matters would be great. I live in London - do the forum recommend any people who can service the watch (if need be, which I think it will need!), especially with a A7750 movement?

Very much appreciated,

Pat.

Hey Pat and welcome to RWG!

The RM 011 DOES look good as a watch, rep or not. It would look good on the wrist given the skeleton dial.. unless you have a gen one side by side, it is hard to compare the dial section by section and call it out as a rep based on that. The date font however is an instant tell and the main reason I have not purchased one to date.

The RM, along with the older batches AP ROO sec@12 and Daytona sec@6, exhibits similar movement issues. You need to get it serviced and see how it runs after service. There are some modified A7750 movements that exhibit issues even after service and regulation, for some reason unknown to me. There are many modders on the forum, take your pick. :)

Have you thought about these as alternatives to the RM11...you can see side by side with gen that the first link is a better option...and nice cheap try out :)

http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/rm-005-gen-126081.html

http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/richard-mille-016-40008.html?t=40008&highlight=richard+mille+review

But another option is the skull and cross bones RM .... there si less to spot on them !! :)