When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

GMT Master II, Blue / Black Arrives!

indyfanphil18

So the bezel is full ceramic? Both the blue and black? Or is it all black ceramic and painted blue on one half?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

The bezel is full ceramic, I would imagine they use some sort of painting process to create the halved colors.  The gen version achieves the process by utilizing chemical compounds during the heating process which turns half of the cerachrom bezel insert black.

the insert is fully blue ceramic.the black part is painted with a shiny ceramic finished gloss.we have all tested this insert by scratching it and its painted

So how can the paint mod be achieved on this version without damaging the black painted surface?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Nice watch and great pics. I've been looking at these lately as well. One thing though, the bezel numbers look painted. I don't see any 3 dimensional relief as you would when the numbers are actually engraved in the ceramic. Am I wrong?

The numbers on the bezel are engraved, just tough to show on the angle of my photos.

Well...I received my first QC photos of the Batman from Trusty, and I did not like the bezel markers.

Some of the number "1" had blue missing from one of the corners, not clean and crisp. Also the top of the triangle was wavy, bumpy, did not have a nice clean curve like in your photos, indy.

Sloppy, sloppy and unacceptable.

I let Trusty know about this on Thursday, still waiting for another watch to review. Sigh, now the waiting begins.

Does the blue part of the bezel fade into black as the Gen?

Looking at the gen photos and video montage on the "R" official website, the blue / black color seperation appears to be just like the gen.  Keep in mind, the color seperation is meant to be clear cut, as the blue color denotes daytime, and the black nighttime.

Update: four days and no second set of QC photos. I e-mailed Andrew yesterday asking when I would see another watch, he said to be patient, the factory has a big backlog from chinese holiday.

Honestly, I like Andrew, his response time is phenomenal and he is very polite, but he is a drop shipper. Keeps saying the factory is dealing with this.

The members photos I've seen of the blue/black GMT don't have the flaws of my first QC pics, so I know it's possible to get a good one.

I also ordered a Sinn Regulateur that had a big hair on the dial and a scratched hour marker in the initial set of QC photos.

Of course I rejected it.

Now waiting for QC photos on the second set of watches.

Just checked my e-mail, Trusty sent me photos of second batch of watches, looks MUCH better, I approved the QC pics.

Looking forward very much to getting the Batman GMT and the Sinn, but a bit worried about the shipping process, so many delays and confiscations these days.

Just checked my e-mail, Trusty sent me photos of second batch of watches, looks MUCH better, I approved the QC pics.

Looking forward very much to getting the Batman GMT and the Sinn, but a bit worried about the shipping process, so many delays and confiscations these days.

rek001, glad to hear the second batch of QC photos look much better! 

Thanks indy.

I kept going back to your pics and thinking "Indy's looks so much better, doesn't have the issues with the bezel my QC pics have, I just hope Andrew doesn't give me a hard time about it".

I am really psyched about this GMT, I keep seeing it written up in magazines and blogs, very hot right now.

How does the AR on the Cyclops look?

My worries would be hitting the bezel and scratching the black portion which would then look like s blue scratch.

Trusty has this withcthe Asian2813 or 2836, any reason to go with the 2836 seeing as they are both Asian clones how much better could one be over the other to justify the extra $110.