When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Review: FGD's and Rolli's magnificent 002/009 dial!

fitch

Hi guys,

When my pvd’d parts arrived from Rolli I found included in the package his PAM 002/009 dial for my review and I must share this with you because this dial is in one word spectacular!!!!

Rolli (known for his extended knowledge on PAM’s and for his services like pvd coating) and FGD (known for his pre-v dials) have partnered up some time ago and together they are working on small series of OEM quality dials (with matching hand sets).

About the dial; as you can see it's thick and made out of one piece; a special brass alloy (not your ordinary brass).

The entire process to give the dial it’s spetacular color is pretty intense; the special brass alloy has been given a fine glass bead blasting followed by a galvanic bath. This is the only way to really create the various color shades like black, blue, champagne, silver and green when sunlight hits the dial.

The indices (0.5mm deep) and printing are very well done, the lume (a beautifull burned out tritium color, superluminova A-grade rc tritec) is applied very evenly by the best machinery you can wish for! It has the beauty of the vintage tritium look (the color I believe is custom made for Rolli) and all the advantages of superluminova; it glows like a torch at night :)

The hands also have superluminova A-grade lume (also made by rc tritec).

Rolli and FGD have been working with top of the bill machinery and the result is a top of the bill, truly OEM quality dial which is unprecedented in our little community! 

For more information regarding these dials you can contact FGD http://www.rwgforum.net/user/5292-fishgodeep/ :)

Enough talk :lol: Enjoy the pictures :) :)

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for posting this S and glad you like it :) 

2.5 years ago Rolli invited me to co-operate with him on a 360 dial prototype.

After seeing the results I abandoned my Pre-A / Pre-V dal making because my UK maker just could not reach anywhere near these standards and the bar had been raised ...permanently.

Even though I've been involved in every step over the last few years, I'm genuinely still amazed that Rolli's been able to recruit the calibre of manufacturing partners he has to make these dials and the possibilities are almost endless.

I was in remission (or denial) for quite some time but after lurking around RWG for a few months I'm finding the pull inexorable....like a moth to headlights!!

Cheers

FGD

• Like 1

Just brilliant!

Can't wait to see the finished product!

Actually, the dials are finished :) for more info you can contact FGD (fishgodeep) (contact details are in my first post)

The dial is so beautifull I for one couldn't resist, please find attached some pics of the dial installed in my JF case:

Schermafbeelding%202013-10-12%20om%2015.

Schermafbeelding%202013-10-12%20om%2016.

Schermafbeelding%202013-10-12%20om%2016.

Great looking dial...even considering its price, it is worthwhile for a grail build...thats why Rollie - you must produce proper 201A dial now using the same technology:) Moreover, I ill be in for pre-A non-base dials as well, just have too many base PAMs already...

I could not resist this dial. I decided to sell a few watches to own this. Here are my two main reasons for making this purchase.

1. This is a 1:1 replica created in the Swiss standard that not only reproduces the look, but the also the process in which the original was made.

2. The sooner Rolli and FGD get the return on their investment, the sooner they can start on their next Pre-V project.

Let's support this effort! Amazing work gentlemen!

Imagine a world where you wouldn't have to continually search the best dial, a world where you could sell your TS-79 spray, where you no longer need brass backplate.

post-47463-0-48395800-1383300170_thumb.jpost-47463-0-50060500-1383300173_thumb.jpost-47463-0-45870500-1383300176_thumb.jpost-47463-0-76164900-1383300178_thumb.jpost-47463-0-25626700-1383300182_thumb.jpost-47463-0-30528600-1383300185_thumb.j

I think I find. A dial where light gives a perfect look from all angles with thick brass, made as Gen and perfect indices.

It's decided, now I stop buying dials that I never found perfect and invested in a dial "like" Gen, a Rolli dial. Look at the pictures of the dial 002/009A I received this week, I haven't found the right case to install it, maybe my Jimmy Fu case.

Thank you Rolli, the master dials.

And I look forward to your other models dials, 201A, 202A and Pre-A hopefully.