When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

XVI rep model differences

rcaf2008

Hello IWC fans!

I have been a huge fan of the XVI for some time, and along with other members here I'm sure, would like to know what the differences between the different versions are exactly.

To my knowledge, there are 3 versions so far;

-The first, being the worst, uses a case make for the XV which is too thick. It uses a swiss movement, has an enormously bulbous crown, short second hand, and is just way off.

-The second is a 1:1 version, which uses a A2892, and has a slightly short second hand. But correct case shape and better crown.

-And the third version(V2) is the best, again with an A2892, correct case shape and correct second hand length.

So is the only difference between the 1:1 version and the V2 the second hand length? Or are there other issues resolved as well? 

Hopefully someone with some more knowledge can expound upon this.. And if anyone has pictures of the different versions, that would be great as well.

Regards

Edited by rcaf2008

From what Whitestripes said, that looks to be the 1:1 version. You can tell from the 7 marker an that the second hand does not reach to the end of the minute markers. A great rep nonetheless! Do you remember which movement it came with?
I don't know the movement but it was modded with ETA DW, relumed hands and dial, and of course the Mark XV bracelet. I bought it off Dutchguy2. I'm wearing it today turebeny.jpg Edited by Cromag