When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

strap suggestion for 57th?

sahboo

• 2 weeks later...

have they finally come out with an updated version of the 57th? I've always loved the look of the gen but the rep had too many flaws for me to consider at over $500.

actually, you are right, the current crop of ROOs (and the ones before of cos) mostly suffer from the same faults.

The GP, Juan Pablo Montoya, 47mm cases, and Ruben Barrichellos are different, but are flawed in other ways.

I own a 57th thanks to my friend mjmj and the seller W.

I would have to say that for the 57th st, I am aware of the flaws, but the watch is a very pretty one, and well worth the purchase. Believe me, I can be as pedantic as any AP fanatic when it comes to flaw spotting on the reps. I do own some gens myself, but I would still rank the 57th st rep as a very nice looking one for what it is. It may not be as accurate as I would like it to be, but I love it nevertheless. :)

I'm curious other than the usual flaws what are your additional concerns? And are you speaking of Toros rep?

- the 'ring' that surrounds the date window.

- the circular rings at the center of the dial.

The first few qc pics posted had crooked numerals and badly inserted bezel screws.

sahboo / goodfella0406

If you're still after a aftermarket strap, PM Toro for his new hornback straps.       

Thanks I ordered a rubber strp I don't find the hornback a comfortable. I looked at his croc straps but had not seen any reviews of them. You like them?

hard to tell from the pic on his site mate.. but it will be safer to stick with what you already know you like. :)

and don't worry my friend, you'll like your watch. ;)

Thank you sir. I'm pretty sure I will. I am however feeling without as much information as usual. When I got all of y ap's it was after exhausted research. The 57 doesn't have much. I'm well aware of the usually flaws. The thickness the weight the date window but I was curious to hear thoughts on others. To me the dial looked good which is really what I was looking at

Thank you sir. I'm pretty sure I will. I am however feeling without as much information as usual. When I got all of y ap's it was after exhausted research. The 57 doesn't have much. I'm well aware of the usually flaws. The thickness the weight the date window but I was curious to hear thoughts on others. To me the dial looked good which is really what I was looking at

wait for it to arrive mate. The dial is very hard to capture in pictures, I have not seen a picture that does the dial justice.

For this watch, rep or not, it is a very nice looking one.