When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai Luminor GMT, PAM00063

w0lf

Good news everyone,

I've not run out of parts yet! Here's my interpretation of one of the three kings of old school GMTs. The very underrated and beautifully balanced PAM63. I hope you like what I've come up with this time. This is the third version, v1 & v2 now belong to long-time forum friends. Big thanks to everyone who helped :drinks:

pam63_1_zps84119ce7.jpg

pam63_2_zpsbfb178cb.jpg

pam63_3_zpsf78335f1.jpg

pam63_4_zpsb0a7f26a.jpg

pam63_5_zpscf6cc3d9.jpg

pam63_6_zps0e33dff9.jpg

pam63_7_zps0ca26380.jpg

pam63_8_zps1e8d26a1.jpg

Specifications:
-Honpo original thin case 63 w/ full deco 2893-2 movement
-Genuine dial
-Genuine hands
-Genuine crown
-Genuine bezel
-MM104 crystal w/ Chief cyclops
-Lello DW
-Custom SS crown tube
-My usual CG mods (lever bushing, chamfering, bevel, etc.)

pam63parts1_zps1aed3b30.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

Sorry to bump an old thread, but where did you get that decorated rotor for the 2893? I'm dying to find one. 

these movements only came with three 2893 watches. They are oldskool Eddie Lee/Hopno/Neil versions of 027/8 063 and maybe the odd 029  If you're building a 63 you might want to see if DSN has some. The version in this post has the infamous spelling mistake 

Edited by StormTooper4
  • Like 1

these movements only came with three 2893 watches. They are oldskool Eddie Lee/Hopno/Neil versions of 027/8 063 and maybe the odd 029  If you're building a 63 you might want to see if DSN has some. The version in this post has the infamous spelling mistake 

Thanks. I'm working on a 029 Noob V2 build with ETA 2893 and DSN's new 29B dial, crystal and caseback. A decorated rotor would be a nice finishing touch but the "OFFICNE" is a bit of a turnoff. Did all of these old school versions have this mistake or were there some versions out there with correct spelling?

I think they all had them , kind of what makes them all the more unique 

p1030117u.jpg

I doubt that anyone would part the rotor out . Maybe on Risti you might see one for sale.  wonder if you could convert a foil from a 6497 ?

Good luck with you build , be great to see 

ST4

Edited by StormTooper4