When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Coolest sports car ever

By-Tor

I owned both the 996 and 997 turbos, and I must say that if I come across the air cooled turbo porsches, I would buy it in a hurry.

Yes they are iconic and true driver cars. In the part of the world where I am, getting a vintage ride is not easy given the tax and costs involved.

I love the modern sports cars, but yes, I agree with you to a large extent, the older porsches are unmatched in terms of driver involvement, looks and exhaust melodies. :)

For normal people BMW M5 and 500+ HP is plenty. But if you snort coke and have too much money, you can always buy the Hartge version which gives you 750 HP.

This takeoff looks like the guy almost lost it. Check it out.

I love Porsches, they're the ultimate Autobahn mile-muncher and incredibly well made.

Though I feel I need to back-up the good ol' British brands. None more so than the quintessentially British Aston Martin (I'm sure AJ will back me up here :))

One of the most beautiful modern GT cars. Muscular with classic flowing lines;

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

If AJ don't back you up, I will! Aston Martin is my all time favorite sportcar! 

I had the honor to drive the Aston Martin Vantage V12 Carbon Black, what a car  :wub:

aston-martin-v12-vantage-carbon-black1.j

• Like 1

Here is my new beast..... My favourite car ever.....  I look so good in it........ get so many looks... ;) ;) :)

post-25577-0-04517900-1383062523_thumb.j

I also found a sneaky shot of the RWG crew arriving at last years annual RWG meeting...... guess who is who? :)

post-25577-0-00254300-1383062573_thumb.j

• Like 1

I'm partial to the old 911. As far as I'm concerned a sports car is about the outright excitement and experience of driving....not necessarily outright speed. And nothing beats an early 911. I also drive a current M3 and while nice, it is not nearly the sports car of my 40 year old 911. The opening post car is pretty close though - in the 993 series Porsche turbos the engines had gained modern levels of power but the electronic nannies were not yet what they are today....therefor the excitement level is pretty high.

BTW - no stock brokers here, I drive the s**t out of it and do all the maintence myself including engine drops. It's a hobby like others.

post-51249-0-30562000-1383066565_thumb.j

• Like 1

And you can't exactly drive Lambos every day either. Porsche is the best of both the super car world and the real world.

Id love something like this.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1382664619.039194.jpg

Batman's everyday car? ;)

*drrooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool*

I hearts the RWB...

993 is maybe my favorite of the generations... Last of the air cooleds and last of the squirrly suspension.

The newer generations like the 997 and 991 are nice too, but seems too big... Even if they are more user friendly...

Having raced Astons for some 15 years from 1962 Lightweight DB4's (think 950kgs with 450bhp Maclaren and Ferrai F40 eater) to DBRS9's in Le Mans trim it is fair to say that I have a soft spot for the Astons. I tried to add a link to a coupel of race wins in my old 650 bhp V8 but couldn't so if anyone fancies seeing it drop me a pm and i will give you the link.

Regards

AJ

Everyone knows the Mclaren F1 GTR is the coolest sports car ever and acheived on Mclarens first attempt. Ask Lewis Hamilton who left Mclaren when Ron Dennis welched and stiffed him out GTR #1.

Comparable to telling the perfect joke, dropping the mike and walking off stage....boom!

post-54329-0-65933200-1383101782_thumb.j

Edited by AP Boy

Surely McLaren GTR is a great car. But not for my tastes (even if I had the money, which I certainly don't). It suffers from the same disease as F40 and Lambos: It's a Batmobile.

Driving supercars like that would draw attention like a Leopard Daytona (if you allow a comparison from the watch world). I wouldn't be comfortable driving one. And to be honest I don't like their design too much. F40, for example, is just plain ugly (esp. when the pop-up lights are up).

Cool? Well yeah... if Rowan Atkinson drives one it must be cool. :D

RA2.jpeg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So many of them :)

BMW 328 Mille Miglia

BMW 327

BMW 507

Fiat 2400 Dino

Duesenberg SJ

Jaguar F Type

Lamborghini Aventador

Mercedes-Benz 540k Cabrio A

Bugatti Type 57Sc

1958 Corvette C1

Peugeot 907

Ferrari 250 GT SWB California Spider

and many others like already mentioned Ferrari 288 GTO, Mercedes 300 SL and others... :)