When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The next big things are coming...

Valty

Any reason you did not go for Phong's MK1 pushers on the 6240 case ? (Now don't tell me you have gen ones...)

- Phong pushers are not gen spec - this means that if I want to swap for gen pushers later, they will not fit. Pushers holes are not easy to retap due to the very thin threading. I didn't know this until my watchmaker told me he can't do anything with gen P302 pushers :) So I will do the same operation on my 6265 later...

- Phong "MK0" pushers are only standard pushers reshaped and polished on the teeth. The number of the teeth and the global shape are not the same at all. To be honest, Phong "MK0" pushers just looks wrong. That is not something I can do considering all my other parts are gen. However, I have to say standard Phong pushers looks quite good. It's visually quite similar to the P302. I'll do a photo comparison later.

- I did have the opportunity to catch prototype "MK0" (P300) pushers in good conditions at a fair price (1,8K€), but I didn't pulled the trigger. It's maybe a mistake... I'll see later for this, it's not a hurry, P302 pushers looks good. I still don't know if it worth the cost to do this on a replica. That's a real question ;) The other problem is I will feel stupid to have a service bezel (MKIV) with prototype pushers. It just don't make any sense. MKI bezel will be a must at this moment. Endless game if you ask me... ;)

Quick correction: 6240 had prototype pushers MK0 (P300). From 1970 (6263/5 production begin) to 1975, it is MKI (P301). Then, from 1975 to the end of the production, MKII (P302) pushers are used.

Phong is doing a replication of MK0 pushers. At least, he tried :)

• Like 1

I suppose any good watchmaker have gaskets for replacement ? At least, my watchmaker have these

I will worship the ground you walk on if you can get me two of those thick gaskets! :notworthy:

I retapped my Phong cse to fit Gen P302 and P301 pushers.....so Phong case can be retapped easily to accept gen pushers,tube etc...

I also need that to be done. I have a wonderful Phong case here and gen pushers - and can't fit them. I don't want to send it back to Phong (EU-US) so I am looking for someone who can do that in the EU. Any ideas guys?

And Valty, thats 2 amazing projects, good luck!