When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new Sub

clem2192

Thanks for all the great comments guys :) (if I needed any confirmation that I'd done the right thing then I am sure I have now!!)

@ aeromatic - I have to agree, there is something that doesnt sit quite right with the ceramics, these have more character.

@ alligoat & StormTooper - I am a bit in love with the lug holes :in_love:

Its as complete as it gets, the package was awesome (original box, papers, manuals, bezel protector, anchor & tags)

null_zps270df76d.jpg

Edited by clem2192

That's pretty nice. It's a modern transitional 16610.

Here's one that's just a shade earlier- with the old style bezel insert.

RLX50691.jpg

And somewhere shortly after yours, the 16610 T case debuted with no lugholes,

T2eC16RHJF0E9nmFSHgBQeDIBUg60_31.jpg

This was all around 2003, which reminds me, if yours hasn't been serviced recently, you may be due!

Thanks Alli - quite a few different models around that time, i'm glad I got the lugholes !!

There was no paperwork however the guy I purchased it from was of the opinion that it had been serviced in the last few years, It does wind smooth and runs within COSC ATM so will hold off on a service for a little.

I will plan for one in the not to far distant future :thumbs:

Congrats, love the lugholes also. This is as good as it gets for a watch. Received a 166610 ceramic sub rep. which is quite good but will have to go with the sleeker 16610 SS overall look and much nicer dots (those on the ceramic are just too big). If there is a gen watch to get and to save for its this one, exactly this one. Awesome simplicity. Very, very nice. Wear it well.

Congratulation for this nice sub.

I'm about to think to buy a gen 16610 or 16600. My only problem is, as I know me I will wear it every day and then the first shock against a door or a desk will make me have a heart attack. Lol

Enjoy it and congrats again

Cheers

Alex

Luckily for me i'm an office bod so the worst I should get is a few desk diving marks :pray:

However that said, i'm hoping that a divers watch built to such high standards should be capable of taking a few 'knocks' - not that I ever want this to happen.

Also I have insured it so am covered against certain accidental damages :thumbs:

R