When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MD2020: Deal at your own risk

Legend

I must be one of the last to lose faith and trust in member MD2020. 

I have sent my watch to him, and paid him in advance. 

Now, as more information on him unfurls from various sources and the communication between us becomes non-existent, I am forced to admit that I have most likely misplaced my trust and I am ready for a total loss on my watch. It is a ROO with modifications, amounting in excess of $1000.

There are others here who have even heavier stakes with him, and they have collectively not heard from MD2020 either, some for a period of few months without updates or communication. This simply is not acceptable.

I am not here to call MD2020 any names, but I think it is to the community's benefit that you guys are aware of what is happening, and if you choose to deal with him, do so at your own risk. For those of you that could accept sending your watches to him, then getting silence as a response for an extended period, and having no recourse except waiting passively, he's your guy. Else, please stay clear. You have been warned.

I think I have described the situation fairly without any prejudice or bitterness. I am prepared for a total loss on the watch, its fine. I just want to let the community know what to expect if you choose to send your watches to MD2020 for any work.

Now, let MD2020 come and defend himself or protest my claims if what I said is untrue. I stand by what I am posting, and I think some of the members here agree with me.

One of the key purposes of having a forum like this, is so that we can all be well-informed about the reputation of watchmakers, dealers, aftermarket sellers, and individual members. So I think my post is necessary for the benefit of others.

MD2020, if you are reading this, keep my watch and your silence by all means. Your integrity is worth just that much. I'm done. 

Did you send your watch to an address? Could you go retrieve it?

Yes I sent the watch to

Removed

I am based in Singapore. You would realise that retrieving my watch physically is not a viable option. 
But like I said, I'm done, and I am prepared for a total write-off. Thank you for your reply.
Edited by Admin
Personal info not allowed to be posted in public, despite the nature of this case!

I wonder if you could find a debt collector in the area. They typically charge 10%. It may be viable.

10% of my watch would amount to a pusher and 3 bezel screws? :lol: just kidding.

Seriously, I am done with the situation. He can keep the watch. I just wish to warn the community regarding my experience (and the experience of many others)

Thank you for the kind suggestion though.

Some lyrics that may or may not fit this situation ;)

If I'd known you were cheating me,
I would have saved myself and set you free.

If I learned you weren't the loving kind,
I would have saved some peace of mind.

My friends told me you would break my heart,
And never last, we would surely part.

There's no smoke without fire,
Baby, baby you're a liar.

People talk in this little town,
Rumours keep spreading all around.
And now word has it you've been foolin' me,
I'm so blind that I cannot see.

My friends told me never to believe in you,
You never loved me you were never true.

No there's no smoke without fire.
You're a liar
You're a liar
You're a liar

Baby you're a liar.

There's no light without a flame,
There's no use in having you to blame.

No
There's no smoke without fire.
You're a liar

Some lyrics that may or may not fit this situation ;)

If I'd known you were cheating me,

I would have saved myself and set you free.

If I learned you weren't the loving kind,

I would have saved some peace of mind.

My friends told me you would break my heart,

And never last, we would surely part.

People talk in this little town,

Rumours keep spreading all around.

And now word has it you've been foolin' me,

I'm so blind that I cannot see.

My friends told me never to believe in you,

You never loved me you were never true.

No there's no smoke without fire.

You're a liar

You're a liar

You're a liar

Baby you're a liar.

There's no light without a flame,

There's no use in having you to blame.

No

There's no smoke without fire.

You're a liar

Very apt. Except for the romantic bit.. lol

A song never fails to make things better, thanks :lol:

I'm very sorry to hear this Alvin! I seriously thought everything was settled with Mike, unfortunately I'm wrong  :huh:

oh its ok, no need to be sorry for me mate, its a lesson learnt and I want others to learn through my experience, not experience it for themselves! 

oh its ok, no need to be sorry for me mate, its a lesson learnt and I want others to learn through my experience, not experience it for themselves! 

This is a hard way to learn your lesson mate but thanks for sharing your experience with Mike. I just hope you can work things out with Mike and of course everybody who have unfinished deals with him..

P.S. You've got that strap already?  :partytime:

I never said that and am not going to engage in debate. Previously people shyed away from posting personal contact details like this and opted to offer them via pm or other means. Regardless the issue.

I have been here a long time and lost pieces before to modders.

I was simply offfering a word of caution over personal details openly in threads.

I never said that and am not going to engage in debate. Previously people shyed away from posting personal contact details like this and opted to offer them via pm or other means. Regardless the issue.I have been here a long time and lost pieces before to modders.I was simply offfering a word of caution over personal details openly in threads.

I wanted to put his info up too but didn't. I'm glad it's up because this guy deserves everything he gets. He's a lair and a thief. Not only he scammed 20 people on here but he also lied to every member on this forum. All his stories were all lies. So If legendkiller put his baby pics up I would applaud him. It's only fitting that a legendkiller did this to a supposed legend that turns out is just a phony piece of trash. He comes on this forum every day and says nothing. Just look at his name.

Admin. Is it ok people post personal contact details like this, regardless of the issue?

I'm sure when it's all done and dusted the admin & mods will put up a warning post with enough details in it so people can recognise the person.

Should members jump the gun and do it? I'm sure if they do and prevent someone sending a watch off, and so saved that watch, it'll certainly be appreciated, but personally I wouldn't do it without getting approval from a mod first.

FYI all: I made a formal request/plea that this be handled by the powers that be days ago, it was read. For whatever reason/s I can only gather it was thought best to let it lie.

This is the result of that decision for better or worse, only in hindsight will we know. :pimp: