When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MD2020: Deal at your own risk

Legend

He's had my watch for almost a year and has been incommunicado for 6 months. It's a $300 piece. Not a huge loss, but I'm a vengeful motherfucker and I live within driving distance. That being said, I'd like my watch back, Mike.

A year, that is long.. may I venture to ask what was the job he was supposed to do on it? 

He's had my watch for almost a year and has been incommunicado for 6 months. It's a $300 piece. Not a huge loss, but I'm a vengeful [censored] and I live within driving distance. That being said, I'd like my watch back, Mike.

Would have been a good idea to post this 6 months ago. Don't you think so?

It was a lume job. He sent me a message with photos of the finished product in May after (according to him) waiting 4 months for a shipment of lume. He gave me a bogus new e-mail address, and hasn't responded since May 2nd when I had responded to his e-mail immediately. The old addy was md543678@yahoo.com. The one he gave me was "md2020repair.com". I just got ticked off today when I was thinking about it, so I googled his address and came across this thread.

It was a lume job. He sent me a message with photos of the finished product in May after (according to him) waiting 4 months for a shipment of lume. He gave me a bogus new e-mail address, and hasn't responded since May 2nd when I had responded to his e-mail immediately. The old addy was md543678@yahoo.com. The one he gave me was "md2020repair.com". I just got ticked off today when I was thinking about it, so I googled his address and came across this thread.

do you mean md2020repair@yahoo.com?

That is the address he has been using and responding to until very recently. 

Welcome to the victimization club! 

1231 am and hes on here. Md2020 why do u continue to come on here? Why dont you spend your useless time gathering our watches and send them back. What could you possibly be looking up on here? Theres nothing for you to comment on. If you do comment everyone is going to dismiss you so just get our stuff and start doing what is right.

1231 am and hes on here. Md2020 why do u continue to come on here? Why dont you spend your useless time gathering our watches and send them back. What could you possibly be looking up on here? Theres nothing for you to comment on. If you do comment everyone is going to dismiss you so just get our stuff and start doing what is right.

Might as well throw in the towel.

I already did but theres a few guys here that got hit with taken for 1000s so we all teamed up and will let someone else take care of this the legal way. Its just annoying that this guy comes on here. No shame at all. Btw no more fighting between u and i,ok.

I can empathize with this whole sorry situation. It sucks. It's dirty and shameful. But, members shouldn't be attacking other members. Regardless of their point of views. I'm a good person. I spend money here and am a trustworthy, ideal customer. Unfortunately, I don't think like most. I always play the devils advocate and am able to perceive both sides of the spectrum. If I could help, I would.

No hard feelings.

I have a supplemental list being prepared as more and more members are contacting me. I will give two days from now for others to contact me in regard then close it up.

As we must proceed I do not want to hold up process any longer. At this time I am well over 27k in goods and services.

This list will be forwarded to Mike by our attorney in regard to legal action also attempts are being made by other channels to expedite the return of said goods.

Mike if you are reading this it would be in your best interest to contact me ASAP to assure getting this list, it is very detailed and considering the scope of watches and parts it would surely help you resolve this matter. The amount of stuff is daunting Mike I can also get you pics, let me help you!

This list will be forwarded to Mike by our attorney in regard to legal action also attempts are being made by other channels to expedite the return of said goods.

Mike if you are reading this it would be in your best interest to contact me ASAP to assure getting this list, it is very detailed and considering the scope of watches and parts it would surely help you resolve this matter. The amount of stuff is daunting Mike I can also get you pics, let me help you!

You are doing a very good job Mike, the best anyone can ask for.. but if MD2020 does not want to play ball, we would simply have to plod on stubbornly like mules eyeing the carrot.

Ok maybe we are not like mules but you get the point. :lol:

Just checking back in. Again, very surprised by the tone and anger that some members have towards me. I'm not proud about it, but it was my lengthy shout-out to Mike several months ago that caused people to communicate and realize the scope of Mike's behavior. These threads started because of that.  I was derided for trying to capture in words the scope of Mike's behavior and then for trying again and again when the vocal members on this forum kept missing the point. Those few members directed their anger at me and were very protective of Mike. Although I don't understand why you feel I am not a victim even though he has $320 that he did not earn, it is a fact that I got my watches back. I did so because I perceived the situation for what it was and took a reasonable and effective course of action in a timely manner. Both my perception and course of action was dismissed by some of the vocal members. These folks who seem to pass as leaders on this forum (who I know are good people)  seem to have led people into a ditch and now lash out at people who come along and offer some help getting out of the ditch (that they've been stuck in for months).  The things some of these members pointed to as reasons that I was not to be listened to were (1) I called Mike at home; (2) I threatened legal action. Competent and experienced  people would have recognized this as a very reasonable course of action under the circumstances--particularly when it worked. Its pretty late in the game now though. 

I absolutely agree that no one should go to Mike's house with anger or vengeance.  But I think it is very reasonable to go to the business address (even if it is a residence) of a watchmaker to ask about your watch under these circumstances. I would suggest that people in the area do it one at a time over the course of many days. PLEASE DON"T TRY THIS IF YOU CAN'T CONTROL YOUR EMOTIONS--be respectful, polite and speak calmly. If you've hired lawyers, get their input first. I would also call him at home and leave respectful messages. I believe he lives with his mother--I always felt that the more she knows about this the more likely you'll get your watches back--maybe she'll try to keep him out of jail and send them back herself--or maybe she's rightfully sick of his behavior and will let him learn a lesson. But it increases your chances and that's all you can do now. If he tells you to leave, just leave. I found that making it personal helped with Mike. In contrast to his rants online, he was "please" and "thank you" when I got him on the phone. In most States, you are not trespassing until asked to leave and then you refuse. I would check Ill law first. Please be careful with attorneys' fees--if a few letters don't show any signs of promise I would seriously just consider going to the police (those with reps may lose them but gens will be returned if confiscated and Mike will probably have to agree to pay everyone back to avoid jail). I've given up on my $320 (although some of you have made it clear that I am not a part of this club anyway), but please contact me if you want to discuss or have questions about the advice of your attorneys. I'd hate to see people be strung along by attorneys (as a group attorneys are very honest but some will milk clients).  I fear that those that seem to be leading this effort seem inexperienced and easily misled. Perhaps there are people behind the scenes with more experience in this sort of thing that can deal with the attorneys and gauge the effectiveness of proposed strategies. I'm sorry to those few members of which I speak--I know you have many, many good qualities. This mild criticism is meaningless. Its good to be naive about bad behavior and legal strategy.

I agree that I don't seem capable of making a short post. Sorry.

finn I am neither inexperienced  nor easily misled and I am leading this effort.

By your admission in your last post you pop in very infrequently to check on situation and give us the benefit of your sage pontifications in regard. I was not one to admonish you for your actions in retrieving your goods at that time, that course of action taken was not called for nor possible on the scale it’s being undertaken now. Hindsight is 20/20 so accolades are not in order for your prior actions, except to say you were successful to an extent. Like viewing an iceberg from the surface your information is incomplete and therefore your conclusions invalid.

Guest Ezelturkish

This is a sad reading. M2 was many of you guy's favourite service guy, from all i can read! I spent a few monthes on Vintagerolexforum and there is/was i guy there Mullholand he did kinda the same thing. Its much money involved in all this and i dont know how people think! Dont they know that there most be at least ten more guy's out there that is atleast as crazy or even more crazy then them selfs? You would definitley be laying 8m under the ground if you did a thing like this in my country!

Edited by Ezelturkish