When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MD2020: Deal at your own risk

Legend

Update: After repeated attempts by our legal counsel to serve Mike papers with list of goods requesting there return he has refused to accept it. The lack of communication with those in search of there goods continues. In light of these FACTS and over 20k in outstanding goods we are being forced to press criminal charges. It is with heavy heart that I will take this course of action.

In addition I also wrote Mike's parents a letter urging them to have him return goods to our counsel and this matter would be dropped but to no avail.

Though most do not know a multi thread was sent up for Mike with pictures of watches to help him sort stuff out on Nov 11th.

Sent 11 November 2013 - 10:05 PM

Diamond Club Bouncer/RaffleMeister

• Interests:Watches! economics, cooking.

This is the pic thread, descriptions of parts, dates sent information for Mike not a conversation.

Cut and dry, this is an informational list, I will forward Mike the other list you guys have seen so leave amounts out of this please, just the facts.

Mike if you have questions PM the party to straighten out.

I had Mike's VIP put on a no cost to him so he could have enough room in his PM box to view, he never bothered to look!

I also made him aware it was there.

Mike I see you logged in often stop playing games and get watches to the lawyer this is your last chance, please take it.

You have my word if watches returned this matter will be dropped.

I will not debate this post it is a simple statement of fact.

Total piece of [censored] scumbagg. I hope this shitbagg goes to jail for this. Also the assholess that stuck up for him through and through are a total pieces of shittt too. Mike thanku for all your help. I knew this scumball wasnt going to do anything. I mean why should he when he had advice from assholess.

Guys I have over 20 of your fellow members and friends that you talk to regularly in my multi PM, this could be you. I want to make this very clear no one and I repeat no one should have any doubt of the particulars of this case. Your fellow members and friends are out thousands and anyone supporting some misguided notion that is not true should not be heeded in the least.

I see some new guys on here looking at this thread do not take it the wrong way in regard to our home. I just got off a couple of PMs from guys who live close to Mike/ MD2020 offering to help. As bad as this sounds with the numbers being as large as they are we have many many more standup guys here than bad ones. If we were not trusting souls this would never have happened, but we will remain who we are in spite of it so that good will prevail.

Just an update:

MD2020 sent my watch back in December 2013. I think that the watch was not serviced at all. The watch was running 5min slow a day when I sent it to Mike. It returned running equally slow, no change. MD2020 then proceeded to request payment from me. I questioned him on whether he even serviced the watch, and I never heard from him again.

Guys just an update regarding this as well. I too received my watch back and its basically destroyed. It doesn't keep time, one of the hands fell off, the other hand he replaced was with some blue not matching hand and the bezel isn't even aligned correctly. Im super pumped I paid this piece of sht $211 to service better yet DESTROY my watch.

Md2020 I gave u chance time and time again and u continue to just sht on people and have total disrespect for anyone other than yourself. One day my friend you will meet your demise and karma will serve u right.

• Like 1

Update: After repeated attempts by our legal counsel to serve Mike papers with list of goods requesting there return he has refused to accept it.

I can only admire your persistance and gentlemanly behaviour Mike, you know I certainly wouldn't be so polite if I were in the same boat as the other members and lived close by.

Ever since all the facts came to light and all doubt was banished there can be no question about MDs feelings and attitude towards other people. My initial thoughts were wrong about MD and have changed in light of the truth, but I default to considering everyone is good unless proven otherwise. Nearly all people are good and I refuse to have such a dark, jaded view of the world by believing everyone is bad.

I'll look forwards to the day when it goes to a criminal court and he's convicted, and I hope that result is plastered at the very end of this thread in LARGE font as a huge flag waving it's warning to any other scammers.

Carry on the good work and let us know how we can best help.

• Like 1

You can add me to the list as well. I did receive my stuff back, but my Perfectly good working Omega Ploprof that was sent in just to adjust the date window is now busted. The crown doesn't screw all-the-way in and when changing the time or when running the hour hand now won't go past 6pm. Another watch I bought in a M2M sale busted before I ever got it, so it was sent to MD for repair. MD said it was fixed, but all I got back was a bunch of parts and a missing gen Rolex crown. So I got screwed on Both ends if that deal and I'm out just over $600 on this watch alone.

Dave...

I can't help wondering if there's a real watchsmith in the states that would be prepared to offer cut price repairs to people that have been screwed over?

You couldn't buy the good reputation that doing that would earn them!

Im on the side of every member that had the unfortunate association with md 2020. However, if you do eventually get to court, don't you have to go there with "clean hands"  Dealing in rep watches, maybe not so clean, Im just saying. I hope the courts nail him

Just to clear the air about references to me lying to my fellow members in regard to this issue.

Gents our Admin staff/crew have posted a warning in Mike's profile. Some of the very people who supported Mike in the prior closed thread by SGT now reside within the group seeking goods in my PM box. I have tabulated over 25k of goods and services listed there that they are seeking to get returned. I doubt anyone is under any delusions that they are not missing.

As there have been some accusations in regard to my terminology in the past, let me clarify my usage of terms.

I post two definitions here:

Seeking-(“to seek; try to find, to look for, make search for; try to get; strive to effect, aim at, strive after; seek after, try to provide for; try to find out by investigation or examination; enquire about; try to learn by asking, ask, ask for, inquire; look to for, expect from; visit, go to; resort to; go, move, proceed; approach, attain to; attack, pursue, follow”)

Missing: lacking, absent, or not found.

Now as in the past members are seeking their goods, you do not seek something that is not missing.

Hence the use of the word miss or missing is not a lie used in this context.

I will not debate this post it is simple statement of fact.

WOW! Sent him numerous watches guess I was lucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

You were !! Lots of folks had relatively positive dealings with him before all this started. He repaired and relumed several watches for me in the past, and while communication could be a little erratic at times, he always seemed to respond.

This situation is entirely different. Personally, I have a very nice DW cased 6265 along with a genuine ETA 7750 movement, as well as a WatchNY  bezel that he was going to put together for me. It's been with him since late summer or early fall. I have around 800.00 USD in that watch/parts plus postage for the watch and parts.

What is so sad about this whole thing is it could have been easily averted. All Mike had to do was put everyone's watches and parts in a box and send them back. He could have enclosed a note saying, that due to  circumstances that were going on in his life, he was suspending all watch repair and modding. That would have been perfectly acceptable, and everyone would have been happy. He did not choose to take this route, and now this will all end badly, probably for everyone involved.

Mike: Despite all this, I know that you are a good person who desperately wants to be happy. It is still within your control to take positive steps here and end everyone's misery, including your own. You owe it to everyone and yourself. You're the only one who can do it. This whole episode will be a pivitol point in your life either way. It will either haunt you, causing your stomach to drop out in shame every time you think of it for the rest of your life (or it will make you angry--either way it will be a drag on your life and happiness) or be the thing that caused you to change your approach to life, the world and its inhabitants. If you choose the latter, you will some day be able to look back on this episode and see that it was the best thing that ever happened to you. Imagine yourself 5, 10 or 30 years from now having lived a stable life surrounded by family and friends who love and respect you. Its completely possible. But you have to fix this Mike and then work on "fixing" yourself (we all need some fixing--please don't be offended). We all make mistakes and hurt others. I believe I have hurt you Mike and I'm very sorry. Somehow, I have offended several members' of this forum and I'm sorry for that too. Like you, I have hurt many others in my life.  You've hurt many people Mike. I would suggest acknowledging it to them and then slowly and carefully returning everyones' watches (or parts so that they can pay someone to reassemble). By doing this, you can only help yourself in a legal sense. Every element of your crimes are provable whether or not you return these watches--so returning them can't hurt you--it can only help. Indeed, a criminal case would be very hard to prosecute if everyone has their watches back--even if they are in pieces. 

You have many things going for you Mike. When you are doing good, you are a good watchmaker and can therefore earn a living at some point. When you are doing good, you are polite, friendly and affable and therefore can rebuild your life and make new friends. In your posts, you tried to make people smile and I always pictured you as a happy-go-lucky person. A kind person. You provided information in posts for free in response to many members' casual questions. You did extra work on people's watches and did not charge them for it (including for me). You are NOT a thief, although you have behaved like one for reasons we can only guess. But you are not, at heart, a thief. I'm not sure what went wrong Mike, but even the usual suspects that cause people to do similar things can be altered and you can live a happy stable life if you commit to change. 

Once again Mike, I'm very sorry I hurt you. Please forgive me. Don't hesitate to contact me if you want to discuss anything.

Please make this episode a turning point Mike. Our darkest moments can be the best things that ever happened to us if we seize the opportunity and commit to change.

Just to clear the air about references to me lying to my fellow members in regard to this issue. Gents our Admin staff/crew have posted a warning in Mike's profile. Some of the very people who supported Mike in the prior closed thread by SGT now reside within the group seeking goods in my PM box. I have tabulated over 25k of goods and services listed there that they are seeking to get returned. I doubt anyone is under any delusions that they are not missing. As there have been some accusations in regard to my terminology in the past, let me clarify my usage of terms. I post two definitions here: Seeking-(“to seek; try to find, to look for, make search for; try to get; strive to effect, aim at, strive after; seek after, try to provide for; try to find out by investigation or examination; enquire about; try to learn by asking, ask, ask for, inquire; look to for, expect from; visit, go to; resort to; go, move, proceed; approach, attain to; attack, pursue, follow”) Missing: lacking, absent, or not found. Now as in the past members are seeking their goods, you do not seek something that is not missing. Hence the use of the word miss or missing is not a lie used in this context. I will not debate this post it is simple statement of fact.
Yes, JoeyB was wrong about you lying about this. Shocker... .