When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MD2020: Deal at your own risk

Legend

L8terz as I inferred in my post" different private property laws", you come on my land ...................................... body bag, what jury gonna put you away.

We are Americans , must seem crazy to the rest of the world but we like it that way.

PS and if it was not inferred I remember thinking as I posted, just the way it is I guess we just take that possibility for granted.

I live in Texas. I can shoot you just for pulling in my drive way. No questions asked when I call the police to have your body picked up. Not that I'm one of those gun fanatics, but a lot of people are.

Interesting that even the mods have extremely inconsistent views of what's acceptable and what's not. I posted private info in an unrelated scammer post and got reprimanded severely for it.

What a joke.

Now your complaining that you didn't get your fair shake when you got scammed. Now when we first started this about MD2020 you really had no problem with him.

What a joke.

I live in Texas. I can shoot you just for pulling in my drive way. No questions asked when I call the police to have your body picked up. Not that I'm one of those gun fanatics, but a lot of people are.

Where I live, you can't shoot them in your driveway unless they get out their car with a weapon and you fear for you or your families life, but if they make to the door then you shoot them, drag them inside and then call 911!!!

I worked Southwest of Houston quite a bit several years ago, I have a cousin who is an architect in Houston, used to visit he and his wife when I had an early afternoon off. I asked him one time, why are all the drivers so polite here, no honking horns, etc. he told me, "everyone here has a gun in his car, honk , or cut someone off in traffic at your own peril"!!

If you go knock on someone's door, and they believe that you have wrong intentions, at best, they call the cops and you are in jail, at worst he meets you at the door with a pistol or shotgun and you are either dead or seriously hurt. I don't think these watches are worth risking someone's life or career over. There are legal means to accomplish what we want, if that doesn't work, then maybe risk a visit, but as a last resort not as a first step.

What systems can we put in place to make dealings safer for both parties?

How about a page logging who currently has who's watch and the date on which it was sent?

Impose a maximum number of member's watches dealers are allowed in their possession at a time.

This would allow members to check how long dealers tend to take and how many watches the dealer is also working on. Members could make a more informed decision about trust or distrust based on the information at hand.

It would also limit the number of watches which could be stolen by a single dealer.

Thoughts?

I just for the life of me can't understand how this board allows this guy to still function?? Sure freely sharing information....yeah I get it, sorta? So here it's kind of accepted and entertaining to allow members to freely rip others off, welcome him back the next day to find another victim! This is such a valuable board with great members to allow this type of behavior to be WELCOMED.

Sent Via Tapatalk HD

• Like 2

MD2020,

Are you going to speak up and defend yourself? Your last log in time is publicly visible on your profile.

How about clearing the air and reestablishing communications. I think that's what most of the anger is over. You may yet save your relationships and in the end make your customers happy.

:gathering:

• Like 1

I just for the life of me can't understand how this board allows this guy to still function?? Sure freely sharing information....yeah I get it, sorta? So here it's kind of accepted and entertaining to allow members to freely rip others off, welcome him back the next day to find another victim! This is such a valuable board with

great members to allow this type of behavior to be WELCOMED.

Scotty just posted that he has had communication with MD2020 over the last month, and received his watch back.  If I ban MD2020 than Scotty loses the ability to PM him.

Do you see anyone here accepting and finding humor in MD2020 ripping people off?  Have you read a post here that welcomes MD2020 back to find more victims?  Have you seen anyone here welcoming him and endorsing his actions?  If you have, point them out and I'll deal with them.

Sure, I can be a nazi and ban people for pissing me off.  Who's first?  Anyone want to speak up?  Your neck is on the line.

Anyone?

That's not how we operate here.  We are not the Gestapo, neither are we a democracy.  Everyone here is empowered to stand up and shout and complain when they see bad behavior.  We also encourage everyone to mention good behavior when they see it.

Heavy handed moderation results in members that are afraid to say what's on their mind.  Then we're no better than the other boards that ban people for wearing the wrong shirt.  That's not who we are here.

It's a very fine line between allowing someone to remain here, keeping open lines of possible communication (that the scammer is likely to ignore anyway) vs. banning the lying bastard, only to have a dozen people pop up in PM asking why I did it?  They're the silent ones that don't complain, and are using PM to resolve their issues, and don't say anything until after the fact.

Do I listen to the 4 or 5 people that are calling for his head?  Or do I try to let YOU GUYS keep the fires burning and warn each other?  Is this place to aggrandize the ego of the Moderators, or to let you have a community to share in?

Exactly how much Gestapo do you really want here?  And how much freedom?

Think hard about what you want this place to look like.  We have many years of RWG culture behind us, and that's not to be squandered lightly.

• Like 1

Scotty just posted that he has had communication with MD2020 over the last month, and received his watch back. If I ban MD2020 than Scotty loses the ability to PM him.

Do you see anyone here accepting and finding humor in MD2020 ripping people off? Have you read a post here that welcomes MD2020 back to find more victims? Have you seen anyone here welcoming him and endorsing his actions? If you have, point them out and I'll deal with them.

Nanuq, I appreciate what you are saying and doing, but there will always be new members, or even existing members who don't visit the forum unless they've got a problem, who won't / don't monitor the General forum and who will not see these threads and who will consider MD2020 OK for repair work.

Members can only warn others if those others read the threads with the warnings.

I imagine the mods can be more proactive - change his signature so it does not contain an advert for watch repair? Change the member type text so it says do not buy or sell from me like other forums do? Have an auto reply PM with a short description of current problems, so anyone PMing will get the information if they PM him (in addition to any PMs he may reply with, not in place of IYSWIM), so they are then aware of the current situation, can investigate it and then they can choose what to do from an informed position.

Leaving it until after people send their work to him and then realise there are no comms and a problem becomes apparent is not protecting the forum members.

Scotty just posted that he has had communication with MD2020 over the last month, and received his watch back. If I ban MD2020 than Scotty loses the ability to PM him. Do you see anyone here accepting and finding humor in MD2020 ripping people off? Have you read a post here that welcomes MD2020 back to find more victims? Have you seen anyone here welcoming him and endorsing his actions? If you have, point them out and I'll deal with them. Sure, I can be a nazi and ban people for pissing me off. Who's first? Anyone want to speak up? Your neck is on the line. Anyone? That's not how we operate here. We are not the Gestapo, neither are we a democracy. Everyone here is empowered to stand up and shout and complain when they see bad behavior. We also encourage everyone to mention good behavior when they see it. Heavy handed moderation results in members that are afraid to say what's on their mind. Then we're no better than the other boards that ban people for wearing the wrong shirt. That's not who we are here. It's a very fine line between allowing someone to remain here, keeping open lines of possible communication (that the scammer is likely to ignore anyway) vs. banning the lying bastard, only to have a dozen people pop up in PM asking why I did it? They're the silent ones that don't complain, and are using PM to resolve their issues, and don't say anything until after the fact. Do I listen to the 4 or 5 people that are calling for his head? Or do I try to let YOU GUYS keep the fires burning and warn each other? Is this place to aggrandize the ego of the Moderators, or to let you have a community to share in? Exactly how much Gestapo do you really want here? And how much freedom? Think hard about what you want this place to look like. We have many years of RWG culture behind us, and that's not to be squandered lightly.

I been asking the mods to at least have a warning to not deal with this guy. Under his name he advertises that he repairs watches. If a new member comes on and sees this I'm sure md2020 is going to try to deal with any member that contacts him. You can agree with me on this. Believe me I would totally love for this scammer to be totally banned but you have a fair point about Scotty getting his watch back. This guy has been lying and scamming us since July. He cause us to argue with members for no reason because if some of these members knew what we now know about this junkie lying thieving scammer they would have not said a word.

Edited by Tonyyammine
  • Like 1

Do you see anyone here accepting and finding humor in MD2020 ripping people off? Have you read a post here that welcomes MD2020 back to find more victims? Have you seen anyone here welcoming him and endorsing his actions? If you have, point them out and I'll deal with them.
JoeyB? Edited by GBOGH

Being serious for a bit....

I personally find nothing contradictory about the stance taken by mods.... indeed I applaud it and that is why this place will always be my first home.

I also accept that all of us have a view and personal opinion ..I welcome that :)

I also know that the individual members on this forum have the right to express that opinion without fear of abuse or rebuke... they can and should be subject to others opinions but that in no way should be seen to be a way of criticising that person for expressing his or her opinion... if an opinion is factually incorrect then that is different but an opinion based on someones own experience is always valid...

Opinions are by definition a subjective view or outlook on an issue or experience.... no one has the right here to belittle a guys opinion only to try and express or vaildate thier own view or opinion.

What started here and can be seen throughout here and elsewhere on the forum is that there is an issue for individual guys and that they need to share that on here so the community can take their own individual view of the matters and opinions stated....

Like any feedback here... it starts with an OP stating an issue or indeed a compliment.... as long as the statement is based on that individuals experience that is all that matters.... readers can then decide based on those comments what or how they will consider dealing with the subject of that thread... you may well get agreement or disagreement... but its everyones right to state that opinion based on the issue not the emotion ....

It is not  right to criticise, belittle, negatively imply or abuse that individual for sharing that experience... an experience that is clearly shared by others in this case but even if it werent it is still not right.

As with any feedback or review it is up to the individual to decide based on their own research and checking whether they wish to use that service or buy that product... it should never be dictated to people otherwise you lose the idea and reality of a community led and shared forum...

The idea of a ban at this stage only negates any hope of a resolution for some if not all involved....so in reality serves no purpose at the moment, but what does is threads like these.. :)

Now where did I leave my pitchfork and flaming torch.... ;)

Well...I decided not to chime in my 2c into the other thread and I thought I won't in this one too...but now I feel like I have to...

I don't think there is any reason to ban md2020 as long as he stays silent.

I cannot see that it is necessary to ban him just to possibly protect new members.

The first thing I do before I sent my money and/or watches to someone I don't know in person is to check his feedback, period.

At this point everything should be clear for everyone.

If someone still decides to get in contact with him or send him anything...well...

At a certain point I venture the all clear will be sounded and MD will be banned. At this time I urge all who have been wronged to use the system that is in  place, feedback.

I see only five negatives there, we have 15 in the group the time for hoping you might get it back if you are a good boy is over.

I dont think the feedback system here is a cover all in this instance mate....

Given matters for a few are still outstanding completing FB under the member profile shouldnt be the only means of feedback or trying to achieve some settlement to the issue.... unless of course you have written it off..

I would hope that at this stage that a ban is not considered or suggested in anyway and that Mike understands that the door is still open for him to resolve things and move forward....

Surely that is imperative to those guys that cant afford to write anything off....

• Like 1

Pete no one has written anything off and every means possibly conceivable has been tried, phone,text, two emails addresses,PMs, an open invite to multi PM to straighten out held open for weeks in the chance he would communicate. I can tell you for a fact he was on signed in many times and aware of multi PM but never bothered with his customers.

PS There is one member seven months on a simple fix , now if he were talking and said it would take 8 months very busy no biggie but that is not the case.

Nanuq, on 01 Nov 2013 - 02:23 AM, said:

JoeyB?

Looks like TTK's lackey is trying to stir the pot some more. The thread you started on TTK's RWG is how many pages long now, bashing this site? And you just love to ridicule this site as much as you can. You really are more at home with the liars over there. 

You made the accusation, coward, now back it up. You show us all where I found humor in MD2020 ripping people off, or welcomed MD2020 back to find more victims, or welcoming him and endorsing his actions. 

Back in the day TTK used to be able to get much better help. Must be the economy.