When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Avenger Seawolf v2

Chrononna

I know the reviews of Avenger Seawolf may be seen every corner in each watch forum, but I still can't help starting my own one.
Recently, I actually did some research about this watch, cause don't know why out of blue an interested in Breitling watches as of lately. The Avenger Seawolf is particular got my attention with its solid robust military look. I am all the way not a fan of military watches, but come across some threads regarding this watch got my attention. So figure out whether I should try one on.
There are different versions of this rep, however, the v2 is somehow one of the best rep available for temporary, I, occasionally, have one this watch in my hand (which I borrowed from a friend who also happens to be a watch fan, more exactly, my watch hobby started via him)– an Avenger Seawolf ss grey dial with rubber strap.

DSC_6745_zpsaaac0fc5.jpg

I seriously compared this rep with pic of gen on internet, don't know either the reason of today's replica have gotten so much improvement or the factor of my eye (shame on me), I can barely spot some differences. Maybe a gen and rep model side by side will be more help, but from the pics, it really hard to tell, except the only difference about the crown I'm capable to find, the reps crown is less depth flute against the gens, which show less solid feel.

DSC_6746_zps7cc1cc25.jpg

This watch adopted Swiss ETA 2826 movement, keep time very accurate, daily error around 5s, quite impressive.
This rep matched with a rubber strap, I know for some individuals like me not that much into military or heavy presence of a watch, the rubber strap may be a good balance to that, wouldn't cause much burden for wrist, and besides, also presenting a different look.

DSC_6747_zps294830d4.jpg

DSC_6752_zps93c670a5.jpg

DSC_6758_zps2bdc1e90.jpg

As I saw some reviews about the rep, the old version Avenger Seawolf can noticeably find variations with gen by comparison, like the pearl, the bezel markers, however, those are all considered and improved in this version, maybe there are some minor distinctions, but who cares that much, it's a rep, as the minute we place the order for that, this is a must outcome in our expectations.
The only problem is that for those are not acquaintance with heavy watches like me, may need some time to get used to it.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

@Chrononna...nice pix and review...thanks for sharing..i have the yellow seawolf v2...and also a franken v1 seawolf titanium with gen dial...

the v2 is a really nice piece...wish the AR was a little better and the bezel engavings a bit deeper and pronounced...

love the gray dial...the breitling gray dial watches (skyland and seawolf) are most versatile...

enjoy...and wear it well...R

@Chrononna...nice pix and review...thanks for sharing..i have the yellow seawolf v2...and also a franken v1 seawolf titanium with gen dial...

the v2 is a really nice piece...wish the AR was a little better and the bezel engavings a bit deeper and pronounced...

love the gray dial...the breitling gray dial watches (skyland and seawolf) are most versatile...

enjoy...and wear it well...R

Thanks man and congrats on your babies, did not reliaze how versatility this watch is until see our friend's seawolf with different strap and bracelet combo,  that's truly breathtaking... :p

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Where did you get yours? Just started getting into reps.  Also would this be a good base to franken?

Got mine from perfect clones, would be a good base for franken but you wouldnt because:

1. its pretty good out of box, uses same movement as gen

2. parts of this model are pretty impossible to come by anyway

only thing you can do is get an AR or Lume job on it, but like I said, its pretty good as it is.

• 2 weeks later...