When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP Carbon Diver question?

hiker01

Which is closer to GEN:

TrustyTime's H-Factory version: http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=352&products_id=10716

or

Puretimes V3: http://pureti.me/product/royal-oak-offshore-diver-forged-carbon-11-best-edition-on-rubber-strap-a2824-v3/

Went to the AD yesterday and tried the GEN........one of those "Gotta get one" moment!

Thanks for the input

My biggest concern is the forged carbon. How good is the pattern and shine? Any tells on the watch?

The forged carbon is pretty good. The pattern is nice. There is no shine on it as it is very matt. When compared to my gio FC case, the gio case has a nice satin finish to it where as the V3 has a matt finish. I will eventually swap my V3 case for the gio case. Also the gio case under light seems to have that translucent qualities that have been discussed by other members on the forum who have seen a gen.

On TTs site, the 15th picture that shows the back of the cases, the rep case is terrible, cracks all over the back of the arms, they look like they will fall to pieces in a very short time.

And on the front shots of the assembled watch again I can see flaws.

On PTs site the logos in the photos hide any details so you can't see if the same faults exist. I'd try to find QC or user pics of a PT watch before buying.

To me it looks like they're repping a difficult process which just can't be done well on the cheap.

Well I've had the H-Fac and now have the V3. The cases are identical and perfect. No cracks, durable and lovely!

Thanks, it's great to know that the ones they are sending out are good.

You have to wonder why on earth they're using those photos to (try to) sell them! I did consider buying one and then saw those photos and was completely put off.

I have never considered an AP in the past, no practically nothing about them, but this Carbon fibre diver is really, really nice. I may need to sell some that aren't getting out the watch box and get one of these. What are the differences between these two being discussed here, that would warrant the big difference in price?

Well I've had the H-Fac and now have the V3. The cases are identical and perfect. No cracks, durable and lovely!

Tried to send you a PM, but your box is full, so her it is:

"Hi there,

You mentioned that you have the H and V3 models, would be kind enough to share your thoughts between the two and which one you think is better quality and build wise? 
I you could post some side by side pictures, that would be highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

Hike"

I got mine from Joshua and I am very, very, happy with it.

No flaws on the case at all, as far as I can see, and the pattern is also good. None of the woodgrain effect on some of the early ones.

It is quite matt, but there is a sort of side sheen which actually looks quite high quality.

I got mine from Joshua and I am very, very, happy with it.

No flaws on the case at all, as far as I can see, and the pattern is also good. None of the woodgrain effect on some of the early ones.

It is quite matt, but there is a sort of side sheen which actually looks quite high quality.

Am I assuming correctly that the Joshua version  is the H factory  model, the same as trustytime sells? I don't buy much from dealers, and I'm often confused by the various sites that seem to sell the same watch. I would still like to hear from someone like watchman who has both as to which he prefers. Considering that their is about 130 bucks difference in price between the two. I'm really interested in getting one, but I would like to get a little more info from the AP experts.

I have owned both the H fac and V3 and in my opinion the V3 is worth the extra $100 odd dollars. For a start the AR on the V3 crystal and cyclops are better. the lume colour on markers and the bezel on the V3 match. The H fac bezel lume has a yellow tint to it. 

I have also heard on the other fora that the movement in the H fac is not as reliable as the V3 movement.

I also think that the yellow on the V3 is a tad bit nicer. The caseback engraving on the V3 far surpasses the Hfac version.

These are a few differences that I have noticed. There is a huge writeup comparison on the other fora that has more detail of the differences. :)

Has anyone done a pressure test on theirs? Angus lists the V3 as having a WR of >50 meters. Seems pretty ambitious for a rep, but then writing it doesn't necessarily mean that it really is.

I'm seriously leaning toward a V3 as well. Just sold a 6263 Daytona, and the funds are begging to be spent!!

Has anyone done a pressure test on theirs? Angus lists the V3 as having a WR of >50 meters. Seems pretty ambitious for a rep, but then writing it doesn't necessarily mean that it really is.

I'm seriously leaning toward a V3 as well. Just sold a 6263 Daytona, and the funds are begging to be spent!!

Do it. You won't regret getting the V3, mate. :)

Sent from my SHV-E250S using Tapatalk 2

Bah, Humbug, just got an email from angus, the V3 is out of stock and no idea when more will be available.

Anyone got one they don't like?

Hey P, try Sead aka Supermirrors TD here or Ryan aka intime.

I got my V3 through Sead last week.