When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Questionnaire: If You Could Only Own One Rep...which One?

johnboy777

If you could only own one rep...which one, and why?

You're not allowed to own any other watch - and you'd be wearing it day-in and day out.

I only have three reps, but I've owned a lot of gens over the years. I'd have to say one of the nicer Sub or datejust reps might be my choice. But I've never owned a Pam or the really high end watches, such VC or the like.

Cheers,

John H.

159787-12547.jpg

I suppose, particularly for a daily beater, it would probably have to be my Pam Luminor chrono. One dealer calls it a 250, but the Panerai website says the SS bracelet one is a 236. I've never posted a picture before, but here's one from the official Panerai site:

actually, I am unable to paste a picture into this post. How do you do that? I don't know. But I am able to past the bookmark and here it is, on the Panerai site.

http://www.panerai.com/img/2/prodotti/1143...2000236_ind.jpg

Nathaniel

It's a tough one, because I will forever be on that hunt for the watch that will change my life. When I buy a watch, I am normally satisfied for that first day. Then the hunt for the next watch begins. When does it end.. lol..

But at an attempt to answer your question. The SMP 300 bond. It has gotten more wrist time then all others. Close second was the PAM 111h that I now regret selling .

I'm also ashamed to admit that if I'm going to wear the same watch every day, it's going to be a watch peoplenotice and ask questions about!

If this were my criteria, I would wear the Navitimer. I've been asked about that watch more times than any other. :1a:

Tough choice. I only own one rep so far and two gens, and i've got a rock solid beater watch in my quartz swiss army - that sees quite a beating when i'm working on my car.

I guess if I had to pick one gen to wear all the time it would be the noobmariner. Good rep, but not so expensive that i would mind wearing it while covered in oil and grease and could also wear it while dressed up for work.

Rolex Sub SS. Embarassing answer for me. I own many watches that are more interesting and beautiful but they are situational watches. I'm also ashamed to admit that if I'm going to wear the same watch every day, it's going to be a watch peoplenotice and ask questions about!

Good everyday / all purpose watch indeed. This how I feel about my PAM 196. Except, since it's not a Rolex, the attention is kept to a minimum, which is how I prefer it. Most comments are along the lines of "Wow, that's a cool watch. What is it?" One time I got "Is that a TAG?" hehe