When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Navitimer update

andyr

I bought a current one in the end ; only $250 -- decided that 1) it could be months before we see this new one 2) it will no doubt be a premium replica $400 I bet. !

If you don't mind me asking.. where did you get the current Navitimer 01 rep for only $250? That price seems great.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank u... very informative post. Im holding off on getting a navitimer because I want to eventually build a super franken and am hoping to get a great base rep. I have a gen breitling calibre 13 movement (eta7750) with gen datewheel so that will be my startup point. Wondering if there are any rightups on how to convert a gen 7750 into a 7753 as this would not have this issue.

Hey guys! 

I want to buy the new Navitimer 01 it is simply amazing... the only thing that disappointed me was the 21600bph movement since it is not as smooth as the 28800bph. 

As I understood from reading the forum for hours is that there is no version with 28800bph movement... and indeed on the puretime site they are only selling the one with lower beat as you can see from the link : http://puretime-asia.com/product/navitimer-01-11-ss-black-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a77501/

But than I came across the Perfect Clones website and they seem to offer the new Navitimer 01 with the high beat movement as you see on the link:  http://www.p-cls.com/blnb01101-navitimer-ssss-black-asian-7750-28800-p-15367.html

Both of them are trusted dealers, and I want to ask you for your advice whether this is genuine? 

I appreciate your answers. 

Harris

• 3 weeks later...

Is the new Navitimer available with a leather strap? I have only found the SS version and they are too heavy and flashy for me personally.

If not, how difficult would it be to change the strap and find a decent repped one?

I just bought the Navitime 01 from Andrew @ Trusty Time.  

I purchased it last Saturday, Andrew sent the QC pictures to me last Sunday and I Ok'd it after I went through the pictures.  It was shipped out immediately and I had it on my wrist on FRIDAY!!!  and I am on East Coast US.

This is my first rep and eventually I will find a nice gen to go with it.  Andrew is awesome to deal with and his communication is almost instantaneous. I am very happy with my decision to go with Andrew.

Here she is.  :)

navitimer.jpg

• Like 1

I just read the recent comments on the low beat/high beat question for the thousandth time now I believe.  I just purchased the 01 Navitimer a couple of months ago and I love it, it keeps excellent time, but sure enough, there seems to be a jerkier movement of the center chrono seconds than on other A7750 chronograph watches.  Having made that observation I have a few more comments…

I’m not an expert but I know an old time watchmaker who is and has been around from the old really low beat pocket watch days thru the present.  He says that he doesn’t believe the human eye can distinguish visually the difference in second hand movement from 21,600BPH to 28,800BPH???

OK, but I can see it, with my own eyes, there is a difference but…I have numerous reps, some with gen 7750 movements, some with non chronograph ETAs and many up to 15 years old with cheap Chinese movements (these have proven very durable and reliable by the way).  Some of these have the old 17j movements and some have the newer 22j A2813 and all are non-chronograph, but have calendar movements.  Most are large diameter watches (40mm or larger) so the old excuse that a longer second hand shows the jerkiness more just doesn’t fly. 

Strangely, what I observe with these watches doesn’t fit the scenario.  While none of the confirmed 28,800BPH watches have a jerky (large) second hand, neither do any of the cheap watches with 17j and 22j, they all move nice and smooth.  Now I’m certain none of these watches are higher than 21,600BPH and I suspect that some of the 17j are even slower.  I also have a couple of 1960’s bulova automatics with slow beat movements and they are silky smooth, but of course they are only 35mm watches.

In light of these observations I pose the question…could it be something besides the beat calibration causing the jerky movement?  Otherwise how do you explain it?  I tried to get a discussion going regarding this in the general discussion area, but no one responded.  I’d love to hear comments on this, especially from some of the experienced watchmaker types.   

I’m not an expert but I know an old time watchmaker who is and has been around from the old really low beat pocket watch days thru the present.  He says that he doesn’t believe the human eye can distinguish visually the difference in second hand movement from 21,600BPH to 28,800BPH???

Well, tell him I'll bet him everything he owns that I can tell the difference by looking, in good light.

"Jerkiness" has as much to do with lash in the gear train as it does with beat rate.

Thanks for the reply sneed12.  I think you're on to something with that second statement.  Why else would so many watches with slow beat movements be as smooth as a 28,800?  Could it also have something to do with the special gearing to switch the subdials around, at least in the Navitimer01?  I just think it is not as simple as high beat/slow beat.  Even on my gen. B13 fighters I wouldn't call the movement completely smooth and I swear some of the cheap 22j chinese watches are as smooth as it is.

• 3 weeks later...

The reason that movies and video runs at 30 frames per second is that the human eye only sees fluid motion after 30 frames. So your eye most certainly can see the difference between 6 and 8 ticks per second. A 28k watch is 25 percent smoother. Thats a huge difference. That said, i use the chrono's very rarely, and I don't think anybody would be able to tell from the subdial hand, so it really doesn't bother me in the least.

• 1 month later...

OK read the whole thread, very informative. Question though, numerous times in this thread people mention about the slide rule bezel not aligning. Does that mean the rotating bezel is supposed to have clicks.

I just got my first Rep from Trusty Time a White Face Navitimer World and the bezel rotates smooth no clicks. So I'm just wondering.

• 2 months later...

OK read the whole thread, very informative. Question though, numerous times in this thread people mention about the slide rule bezel not aligning. Does that mean the rotating bezel is supposed to have clicks.

I just got my first Rep from Trusty Time a White Face Navitimer World and the bezel rotates smooth no clicks. So I'm just wondering.

No, it should slide smoothly, yours is fine.

The issue is with the slide rule not aligning with the markings on the dial. Difficult to explain but basically the two pieces with the line markers physically don't match up. This is used to do mathmatical calculations (for pilots originally).

The equivalent of taking a calculator and rewiring the number 5 button to be a 3... all your sums would be wrong!