When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Navitimer update

andyr

Hi all,

fyi, I contacted a TD a few days ago and asked him "Do you know anything about a Navitimer ultimate release which is supposed to have sorted issues like the Datewheel? He replied "Yes. There will be a updated Navitimer soon in 5-6 months time.The Navi world GMT 1;1 version is also in the making and should be out also around that time frame."  

Hope this helps and apologies if you already know this. Cheers! 

• Like 1

Ah, the mythical new Navitimer. Rumours of a new version have been around for over 5 years, yet it just never seems to happen. As for people talking about the sunken datewheel being fixed on a future version, forget about it. They are not going to make a watch with the A7753 and have now method of changing the date, which means it will be an A7750 and it will have a sunken datewheel. And, I'd be very surprised if they chose to do the 2004 Navitimer that we all love. More than likely they'll do the new Navi with the B01 and ugly date font.

• Like 1

They shouldve consulted the forums when designing this. What a wasted opportunity. Flaws aside,it's still a nice watch though. Angus's pic below.

ude4asav.jpg

I might still buy one at some point after someone does a review. I've got a gen 2008 model, but what the hell.

• Like 1

The thing that strikes me right off the bat is that the hash marks on the insert don't go all the way to the edge. Other than the sunken datewheel, it looks pretty good. Will be waiting to hear what the AR is like.

And BTW, I pretty much nailed it on my last post ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, the mythical new Navitimer. Rumours of a new version have been around for over 5 years, yet it just never seems to happen. As for people talking about the sunken datewheel being fixed on a future version, forget about it. They are not going to make a watch with the A7753 and have now method of changing the date, which means it will be an A7750 and it will have a sunken datewheel. And, I'd be very surprised if they chose to do the 2004 Navitimer that we all love. More than likely they'll do the new Navi with the B01 and ugly date font.

Sorry for the double posted, just wanted to check - Andrew why do you expect them not to use the A7753? Surely this would be the next logical step for an updated Navi?

Long time no post, hope everyone is well!

A big improvement for me that really seems to change the look of the watch is the thinner bezel knurls...the old rep had such a thick/large distance between the inner edge and the outer edge. Looks a lot smoother like the real thing now. Still not 100% but much better.

• Like 1

Sorry for the double posted, just wanted to check - Andrew why do you expect them not to use the A7753? Surely this would be the next logical step for an updated Navi?

The A7753 has no date advance mechanism from the crown. It is meant for Panerai type watches that have a pusher on the side of the case to advance the date. So the Navi options, if the A7753 were to be used would be to: A) put a pusher on the side of the case (unacceptable), B) have do way of adjusting the date besides running the time forward (unacceptable for most), or C) use the modified 7750 and live with the recessed date wheel (acceptable to all but us anal watch geeks).

Breitling modified the 7753s they put in the gen Navis allowing the date to be advanced by simply running the hour back and forth past 12:00a.m. 

+1 don't hold your breath.

I asked a TD in August when they expected the new Navi to be out and they said 5-6 months. Seeing as we're now 4 months on and that time frame is still the same, I wouldn't expect anything before Summer 2014 at the earliest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Angus is already taking orders for and posting pics of the new Navitimer. Exactly what I described, newest B01 model, A7750, sunken datewheel. Its not bad but I simply cant stand Breitling's new date font.

Thanks a lot for explaining that to me Andreww, I see why it's not an option for them now. I know some forum members have put A7753s into their Navis though, I'm guessing they just live with having to advance the date by turning the hands forward by 24 hours?

Re the updated Navi, from what I understand from the TDs I have spoken to, there will be another Navi rep coming out separate to this one that Angus has. I'm guessing from a different factory. For me it's the Breitling logo on the B01 - I much prefer the 2004 style. Such a shame noob haven't decided to make one of that model, the gen is so popular it would definitely be picked up by a lot of rep geeks.

I like the 2004 as well, but again its always going to have the sunken datewheel and its not going to have the extra large date window that is on that model. I would far prefer that they properly do the 6-9-12 Old Navitimer. They could pretty much put together a 100% accurate model most of the pieces already exist.