When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Barrichello Mod Cote de Geneve by domi

hotehu

To be fully honest, I am very dissapointed with Domi his behaviour. I have pointed out multiple times that his CDG is totally wrong. I even sent him a message on whatsapp about this matter.

I told him the correct angle, width and colour plating. It has to be rhodium, not silver. I even offered my help in plating them.

All of the help above was ignored. It seems he knows best.

I'm sorry, it looks ok but it's completely wrong and it was probably an expensive mod. I feel if you go this far in modding and spending much money that it should be perfect.

Also posted this on repgeek:

I have used the pictures provided by Domi and added some lines on them in Autocad. I scaled and rotated each image to the correct gen dial size and added the lines.

The angle is about 42° and distance between the lines is about 1.35mm.

This should help. I also added some pictures of an already modded AP ROO RBII with correct to gen spec CDG.

I hope this helps.

It's also important to drill out the screw holes to a correct diameter. Also, Rhodium plating will give the best results instead of silver plating, see the pics below.

CDG_zps4a101ea9.jpg

cdg9_zps43cbbf05.jpg

cdg7_zpsdc3529ef.jpg

cdg8_zps20051ed7.jpg

cdg6_zpsdaf98273.jpg

cdg5_zps479382b6.jpg

• Like 1

To be fully honest, I am very dissapointed with Domi his behaviour. I have pointed out multiple times that his CDG is totally wrong. I even sent him a message on whatsapp about this matter.

I told him the correct angle, width and colour plating. It has to be rhodium, not silver. I even offered my help in plating them.

All of the help above was ignored. It seems he knows best.

I'm sorry, it looks ok but it's completely wrong and it was probably an expensive mod. I feel if you go this far in modding and spending much money that it should be perfect.

Also posted this on repgeek:

I have used the pictures provided by Domi and added some lines on them in Autocad. I scaled and rotated each image to the correct gen dial size and added the lines.

The angle is about 42° and distance between the lines is about 1.35mm.

This should help. I also added some pictures of an already modded AP ROO RBII with correct to gen spec CDG.

I hope this helps.

It's also important to drill out the screw holes to a correct diameter. Also, Rhodium plating will give the best results instead of silver plating, see the pics below.

Thank you kindly for the education. I guess not many people would know about the intricacies you have mentioned.

I agree with your point that if a certain amount of money is spent on a mod, it is fair that a corresponding standard of work be expected.

I have put off purchasing the RB because of the CDG mods. Honestly I did find that the OP's post-mod watch looks good but I went to do a research on the gen RB and saw the differences. 

My opinion is that on the wrist, the modded watch would still look good to most upon casual inspection, except for eagle eyes like you. :)