When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega POcr Asia vs ETA crown photos.

Jonny2400

Hi Guys

Am trying to discover if the Swiss ETA watches have better crowns than the Asia ETA movements.

Below are my three POcr two 45.5mm and one 42MM as you can see two suffer from bad crowns (both Asia) the other has a great crown (swiss).

Here is the issue.. The Swiss version is the PO ti (blue) where as the Asia's are both normal steel watches.

So is it the Ti in General have better crowns or is it the movements.. I think it's the movements but others owners please post your crown photos and let us know if it's swiss or Asia

This will be really useful for us all as starting to hear about crown tubes stripping (my Asia one stripped after 5 days)

post-58181-0-25519400-1385236894_thumb.j

post-58181-0-40719700-1385236948_thumb.j

post-58181-0-85337800-1385236978_thumb.j

Edited by Jonny2400
  • Like 1

Doubt if the crown has anything to do with the Source of the movement. Only the stem will change. Looks like the stem was cut too long on the Asian versions so the stem wont screw all the way down. Or the stem tube wasn't screwed into the case fully and is sitting proud. That's been the case on several of mine including the Swiss versions (which have a whole host of other problems like loose bridge screws and dirty movements). Generally I find that the Asian movements are cleaner and better put together as they were recently made, whereas the Swiss versions are put together from odds and ends from the scrap parts bin

I do agree in general about asia vs swiss movement quality.

Interesting that it maybe the stem being too long, which would cause users to apply more force trying to get the crown to catch the tube, thus damaging & stripping it.

Could it also cause damage to the movement as your forcing the stem deeper into the movement ?

Edited by Jonny2400

I have gone through 2 of the older 42mm POs with the painted numbers on the dial. One had crown break off in my hand, second one stripped the tube threads even though I was very gentle with it. I would love to get a new PO but not until I hear a concensus from the community that there is at least one version with a reliable crown/tube assembly.

Hey mate thats a good sign, hows the overall quality on those new crpo titanium pieces?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Hey mate thats a good sign, hows the overall quality on those new crpo titanium pieces?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 

you have some explaining to do "mate" i suggest you reply to your pms and emails. 

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/165073-about-3-months-here-and-already-being-scammed/

What a low life you really are!  Sending someone 3 x AAA batteries instead of a watch, and receiving a watch under scamming ways.  Admin, ban this decker before he scams anyone else.  He is already banned on RWI, and RG to my knowledge.