When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ploprof - buying tips please

mastergod

Hi all,

haven't been shoppin since before many trusted sellers' websites were gunned down and believe I am wasting a lot of time searching for a v2 Ploprof.

I'd would be greatly appreciated if one of us would kindly post a link so I can order a v2 for Xmas.

Thanks a lot!

MG

astonjenks, do you know where the old style mesh came from I have a V2 inbound on the rubber but would love to get the mesh like yours!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

There are plenty of good aftermarket mesh straps..but of course none (barring maybe one) come close to the OEM...

As suggested WJean's a decent quality at reasonable price....

And another thing to consider is whether you want open or closed end and the type of clasp.. the gen comes with a seatbelt type clasp and a butterfly type clasp...I am not sure if the makers do or did a rep seatbelt style.... then gen can also have a divers extension added..like a Rolex can...

Then on top of that you can get several thicknesses and 'knits' of mesh and of course finish (coloured, Matte etc)....

So be careful when choosing any aftermarket mesh once you know that it is the one you like .. all I mean is that prices can vary but you also need to consider why they vary based on the variations available not just the overall quality of the steel itself and maybe just as importantly the clasp... but also the design and comfort etc

You also dont need to worry about it being marked with an Omega Logo or even looking like a gen as many gen owners buy aftermarket because the price of an OEM can be very high and some others just prefer a slight variation on the look..like thickness or knit of the mesh...

All I mean is concentrate more on how it will look and feel for you rather than just trying to find a gen look alike....

Aftermarket brands vary...indeed you can get other watchmakers mesh bracelets like Peter Helson's divers, Zixon etc The Buccaneer I think they call it...

But options are like WJean, Staib (UTS), Jurgens... Staib are pricey but are very close to matching the quality and feel of gen...

Or you can look at somewhere like 'strapcode.com'

They have a good selection of the variables plus they sell end links, clasps etc so you can change or repair a bracelet you have or might pick up that has issues etc :)

The mesh does look great on these rather than the rubber IMHO.... but it is designed as a tool watch so either work well

As we are close to Xmas and New Year it might be an idea to search sales sections on gen forums, Chrono24, ChronoShop etc for some either OEM or other that are used or unwanted etc (it may just be a clasp or end link but it all helps) plus of course I can imagine many sellers (like strapcode.com) will or might offer Xmas discounts or have new year sales ;)

• Like 1

This is V2, w/working bezel lock, love it just has a couple minor mechanical issues and don't want to bother sending back. Just looking for a solid watchmaker in the US that can service the movement, Asian 2824.

Seems to be a solid crystal and overall very pleased, I'm a bit of a Noob to replicas this my third, but have been collecting watches for a few years now!

Well the Ploprof is semi doa, off to my local watchmaker it goes! Really bummed but my guy is good and usually pretty quick so opted not to send back to China.

so opted not to send back to China.

good call on that one. I can see China from where I live and even I don't send watches back into that black hole!

Let Andrew know what's going on. If you get a receipt, he might pay for some of it or give you a discount on the next one... 'coz you know there' going to be a next one!

• Like 1

I let Andrew know first hand and he said if my can't to send it to back and he take care of it. I could set the time and date with the crown but only the second hand would move after that. I really hope it's just something minor and my guy can fix it. Sized the strap and absolutely loved the way this one looks and feels!