When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Updated Navitimer @ Puretime!

hansmeier

Maybe our prayers have been heard...:D Just looked at Puretime's new arrivals section and found this: http://www.pureti.me/product/navitimer-01-11-ss-black-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a7750/ 6upugude.jpg On a quick look: - Updated Breitling logo - Updated date font - Aligning slide rule - Red Chrono second hand - Raised Breitling logo on clasp The bad thing: $388 There are also some questions... - AR is only mentioned as "sapphire with AR" - so no double AR? - lume is not mentioned at all - so not superlumed? - RG member spotted that the subdials are too close to the tachyring What's your opinion about this updated model? Worth the $388?

The bad thing: $388

There are also some questions...

- AR is only mentioned as "sapphire with AR" - so no double AR?

- lume is not mentioned at all - so not superlumed?

- RG member spotted that the subdials are too close to the tachyring

What's your opinion about this updated model? Worth the $388?

I second that.. Interested in this watch for a long time! Would be nice if someone could help (us) out :)

Oh and still waiting for this model, never saw before:

hkw6.png

Angus's Navi is nice, very nice. A definite improvement over the other rep. Sub dial spacing isn't that obvious, but i think the date wheel is still sunken.

The Ar is better, possibly double ar. It appears that the light source is directly overhead hence the light reflection on the hands. I think we would've seen an angled view of the ar If it weren't for a sunken date.

The case back and bracelet are better but still not overall not as good as super ocean abyss.

It looks like it was made by the sosf v2 maker

• Like 1

Why do you think it's a low-beat...?

Generally I used to go by the bearing...if its ETA style then its low if its toothed then its high....

That used to be the tell on HBBs A7750s ..

I dont know if that still applies though ...

I am looking forward to the new World GMTs from the BP maker :)

Completely unrelated to this watch, but there has been a very significant price incease on many watches on his site. The Avenger Seawolf II as an example, went from $378 to $486, pretty much overnight.

Right, $468 for a Seawolf v2 is just crazy! Glad that I got mine a couple of month ago for $378 - for a non-Chrono this "old" price is really high enough imo...

Thanks PeteM for the clarification about low-beat! If this new Navi really got a low-beat 7750 inside the price tag is just ridiculous... :angry:

Right, $468 for a Seawolf v2 is just crazy! Glad that I got mine a couple of month ago for $378 - for a non-Chrono this "old" price is really high enough imo...

Thanks PeteM for the clarification about low-beat! If this new Navi really got a low-beat 7750 inside the price tag is just ridiculous... :angry:

Like I said though mate it was a tell going back but I aint certain in this case...it would be my first assumption but I would double check... :)

Price wise I think we will see some biggies coming soon....across the board...

I can understand if the demand is huge the prices will go up... also inflation etc... But: about $400 for a non-Superrep is just beyond for me. For this price tag I expect definitely more (HBB v6 for example), but that's just my personal opinion...

Curious about your mentioned biggies!

Angus just chimed in over at RG and put a little light into the dark... He confirmed:

- double AR

- high beat movement

- not superlumed

- quality of bracelet is good, but not on par with latest noob bracelets

- price will go down a little bit; atm he removed the price from his website and will check with the maker the new, lower price

So far good news! :D

re: low beat...

the v1 Navi's had low beat movements - and while the datewheel is sunken, it's less than the high beat movement...

how sunken is the low beat? - approx 0.6mm...more so with the high beat...

interesting rep - but need to see one with detailed pix...

i still own (2) v1 tri-compax arabic dial (silver and black) Navis - they are favorites...my v1 Fighter is best - especially brushed out...

close - but no cigar...

R-

Edited by hackR

Angus just chimed in over at RG and put a little light into the dark... He confirmed:

- double AR

- high beat movement

- not superlumed

- quality of bracelet is good, but not on par with latest noob bracelets

- price will go down a little bit; atm he removed the price from his website and will check with the maker the new, lower price

So far good news! :D

That is great news! Keep us posted buddy ;) 

Wish it was a 7753 movement. Sunken datewheel?

Don't worry too much about the sunken DW, BMW is right: with a black DW this flaw is much harder noticeable. I have a black dial B01 with a black DW and you must inspect the watch very closely to see that the DW is sunken...

I think this new Navi is not perfect, but a BIG improvement. If you're a fan of the Navitimer just go for it, if you prefer (so called) Super-Reps there are better choices...

Sad news... Angus checked with the maker and confirmed that the new Navitimer will have a low beat 21.600 movement! :angry:

"The maker wants to engrave the movement and only low beat movement can do this..." :(

I don't get it, the Navitimers are having a closed caseback, so why on earth put they a 21.6k movement inside? :huh: