When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best 6265 OTB

wiseguy1481

Hey Guys,

AFTER spending the last 2 hours looking through the different threads on 6265 builds and TD purchases I have come across DW having the best OTB 6265.

My question... When going to DW's section there are a lot of people with issues dealing with DW. What options are out there for the best OTB 6265?

Thanks,

Wise

Since DW has gone away, I,m not sure their is a good "watch" available. I believe the only way to get one is to either buy one from another member on one of the sales forums or build one. Try to find a case set,dial, movement, etc. and have it built.DW was definitely a good source for reasonably priced vintage Daytonas, as well as parts, but that's not going to happen now.

In the absence of DW, your only out-of-the-box choices are the trusted dealers' SeaGull-powered Daytonas.  These are nowhere near the visual accuracy of DW's Daytonas (let alone Phong-based frankens), but they might satisfy your needs. 

The only other good Daytona dealer I can think of is Honpo, and he's been even more elusive than DW .

Well.... anyone have a DW Daytona that you are willing to sale for the right price?

Yes, contact me if you are interested, but it's probably more than you are asking for in terms of quality: DW case, cousins pushers, Valjoux 72, gen tube, gen crown, gen crystal, gen silver dial and hands (Rolex service parts).