When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bracelet issues (116610)

Rclough

I have a ceramic sub from Josh, and the bracelet has developed issues that I am unable to put right; the glide lock clasp isn’t working properly (its slipping) causing the watch to become loose, while I’m wearing it, and the ‘security clasp’ has become detached (I have the part, but I don’t have a spring bar with which to refit it). Can anyone recommend who I can get in touch with on this forum to fix my bracelet, or, does anyone have a functioning bracelet for a 116610 that they can sell me? Looking forward to hearing from you.

I'm afraid this is a common problem with this bracelet.  A temporary work around is to carefully unscrew a link screw slightly, one that would normally be hidden inside of the clasp when working correctly.  With said screw unscrewed slightly, the bracelet can be wedged into the clasp, and friction will hold it there.

Regards to your fold over clasp, got a photo you could share, this should help us advise specifically.

Edited by SSTEEL

This is exactly what happened to me. The worst part is, the bracelet fell apart and the watch fell onto a road. As such, there are some scratches on the casing. Really heartbreaking.

It's one thing if the strap is not a good replica, but a totally different thing if it falls apart.

My clasp broke off as well and I too do not have the metal piece anymore.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

SSTEEL - Many thanks for your input and your practical advice. To unscrew a link screw slightly and use it to hold the bracelet inside the glide lock system makes good sense; I'll give that a go, and let you know how I get on. I'll also post a pic of the detached fold over (security) clasp so you can see what I mean. Probably tomorrow. Cheers.

PARDOXUS - Terribly sorry to hear about your watch, perhaps a bit of cape cod (to sort out the scratches) and a new Noob bracelet (as PATerai) suggested might be the best solution for you?

PATerai - Great suggestion ('get a Noob bracelet'), sorry if its a noob question (ha ha), but where can I source one from?

Thanks everyone.

I have a v2 submariner, and even the noob bracelets have issues. The glide lock will come unlatched when putting the watch on sometimes. The only thing I have found to do in order to prevent this is to wear the watch a little more loose than I normally would. This way I put no strain on the glidelock when putting the watch over my hand. Once on the wrist, I have no issues.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

I know this is no help but every replica I have had with a glide lock type clasp has either broken outright or slipped now and then. For this reason I now avoid them.

Everyone used to complain about the flimsy stamped rolex clasp but in reality, they are hard to beat.

From what I have read, genuine glide lock examples are not so hot either. A clasp with so many parts is bound to cause trouble when you add a little dirt, a little grit, a little water, and a little time.