When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Gift of Audermars Piguet, With A Choice!

payhomage

So my friend who has been into replica watches way longer than myself brought up his replica & genuine watch collection to me.  After a long conversation and the joy of the holidays... this good friend of mine is letting me grab 1 out of 3 AP's that he is willing to let go of. 

He is going to give 3 away to close friends/family members, simply because  he is an amazing person  :)

So, I listed below 3 pictures that he has passed to me and I was wondering which to chose from.  I don't have much time to chose and I am sure he already gave the same opportunity to others or will soon.

So, help me grab the right one!!

Which would be the better rep/closest to gen/ better fit/ etc.

Thanks!

PH

post-57659-0-08987300-1386049185_thumb.j

post-57659-0-91407900-1386049191_thumb.j

post-57659-0-71894200-1386049199_thumb.j

EDIT:  I am loving the SAFARI and always wanted it, however if I were to get a AP Safari I would be wearing it daily, and this one seems off - i don't think it'll be something I want to wear daily...

Edited by payhomage

Uh , decline all of them.

That Safari may be the worst AP rep I've ever seen.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing when he sent me it, however I wouldn't mind a cheapie in my collection - it'll just give me big hopes to buy the better quality of it instead of cashing out now.

Most of his watches are low-end, he's never bought from a TD and I have never told him about the rep-forums  ( for a reason, if he knows, he will just blow up $-wise ).

Anyway, which would you guys say is the best of all quality? I know they aren't much like our TDs but which can you point out the least flaws in? I would also hate to decline after seeing the pictures, I mean... who in their right mind declines a 'gift'  :bangin:

With my knowledge, I only have been doing research on the Safari lately since I wanted to buy it from Toro, so it is the only one I can judge myself at the moment...

Numerals are way too skinny, minute & hour hand are too fat with thick/wide lume , bezel screws are soo off it'll look like I screwed them in with screws from Home Depot, strap is way off, doesn't look like that'll be comfortable, as well as the chrono @6 @9 are just incredibly off color-scheme , date mag is WAY off, and if anything that would be my biggest concern, following the numerals size.            

its a good laugh, but honestly I wouldn't mind to have it if it is the best out of the three.

Also, i think it'll fit my hand best, the others look way too bulky for my wrist-size.

Edited by payhomage

Really horrible looking reps, and sometimes, no gifts are better than gifts like that.

Please do not get me wrong: I would not want to imagine you wearing that out and getting called out within 3 sec.

If you want a Safari, get at least a decent looking rep. 
That watch is nowhere close to being a Safari. 

Just my 2 cents, and my apologies if you are offended. I did not mean to be rude, but I am merely thinking of the worst case scenario for you should you wear one of these out.

Seriously. I've seen some low end quartz models that look 100 times better . That Safari is a $5 watch. It's not remotely close to resembling a Safari. Look at the strap already tearing at the lugs. How does he wear that ?

And it still has the "sapphire" sticker on the crystal.

So I guess it was worn with the sticker on it.  

If you put a gun to my head , I guess I would take the last one. By no means accurate but it doesn't make me want to throw up as much as the first two.

Oh that's what you'd say?  I'd say pull the trigger. :)

These AP watches are bulky and grab people's attention.  Even if you know nothing about watches, your sub-conscious knows something is wrong.

Those watches look like you'd find them in the plastic egg containers you'd find on the way out of a drugstore (do they still have those dispensers?  I do all my shopping online).

Truthfully, you can accept the gift (the last watch) so you are not rude to your friend; but I wouldn't recommend wearing it.

Don´t mind the $. Your good friend who has been into this so many Years and is so generous deserves to be on the forum. He´s wasting his money on the wrong dealers. At least introduce him to one of the TD´s so he can make better choices. Just my 2 cents, take the first one and in exchange show him a better model on a TD site "you just found"

Really horrible looking reps, and sometimes, no gifts are better than gifts like that.

Please do not get me wrong: I would not want to imagine you wearing that out and getting called out within 3 sec.

Just my 2 cents, and my apologies if you are offended. I did not mean to be rude, but I am merely thinking of the worst case scenario for you should you wear one of these out.

I second this, but it's a very nice gesture of your friend! 

Guest Daytona1984

+1

all things were said by my brother...